Is DM920 the right choice for me?

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,717 times. The last Post () by ba10s118.

• Hi.

I will be moving to a new house soon.

My current setup is imho. perfect using Nvidia Shields around the house and a HDHomerhun as network tuner.
    I love the shields as I use Netflix, Plex, YouTube, Twitch and all those apps a lot.

My new house do not have DVB-C signal unfortunately, but DVB-T2 (encrypted with a CI+ card), known as BoxerTV.
    I fell over the DM920, and it REALLY looks interesting!

Will the DM920 be able to share the DVB-T2 signal across my lan, and then using the Dream Player App on my android Tv, be able to stream this? (including the encrypted channels if i include the card)
    (I'm okay with the limited amount of continuous streams/recordings due to limitations of card/tuner)

I also like the idea that I can connect my old satellite dish and catch some FTA European channels alongside.

I'm mostly looking for convenience. The box will be placed in the addict with the rest of the server equipment.

Have i misunderstood the capabilities of this box, or will this work?

Cheers!:beer1:

• Official Post

We have our own Nordic section here at Linuxsat just scroll down the site and you find it.

Hejsan vi har vårat eget lilla hörn här på Linuxsat om du skrollar ned på huvudsidan hittar du det.

Där kan du ställa frågor på Svenska så er det enklare att hjälpa till :)

Bara kort om DM920UHD.

Är en god Satellit box med masse kraft men du betal mycket pengar för något du kan få bättre

till en lägre pris.

Boxer fungera inte i Dreamboxen utan hjälp från några tredjeparts plugin

Men låt os ta den saken i det Nordiska hörnet :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Hi Seagen,

Thanks for the tip, did not notice that :-)!

• Official Post

Well we live on top of the world up here in the land where the sun never sets

But at Linuxsat we are at the bottom ;)

• Official Post

Open up a thread in the Nordic section

Then we can taki it in our language ;)

And are a lot to read there also.

Nordic

• Official Post

Okey but its almost dead because we dont use it everyone has the same thinking like you ;)

But okey we can take it here if thats what you want :)

The reason i was guessing you where Swedish was because that you used Boxer cable provider

and i assumed they only operate in Scandinavia?

• You're right, I live somewhere in Scandinavia :-)
    But my maternal language is English, I only understand using google translate :-)

• Official Post

Okey then i get why you dont understand Swedish :)

Well i am pretty good at Swenglish so thats what you get from me ;)

But back to your question about Boxer.

Boxer use Viaccess and thoose modules is har to get ot work in all Enigma2 Boxes

But i have seen some plugin that claimes it will work and thats for DM so my choice would to first

check with people in the DM Section OE 2.5 and see if you can get some help there

But if you dont need 2 Ci+ Mudule slots you can save good money and go for the DM900UHD

You have Vu+ that makes very good STB´s for less money then a Dreambox and just as good

And if by any chance are living close to Strömstad Sweden you have a good store named Nordby Digital AB"

They have lots of stuff and really good prices

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• I think I might in some rare occasions need to two slots.
    Alright, I'll report back once I've moved and is all set up and ready to buy a box.

Meanwhile thanks :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!