Toyota Verso Xenon headlights UK version - any help, please?

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 840 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• Hi!

My car is Toyota Verso, 2012 model, 7 seater, 1.8l petrol, automatic, but left hand drive, i.e. EU model.

Now that we are staying in the UK, I have to convert it to UK standards, so I need to change the headlights so they are fit for the UK driving side.

UK model of Verso has halogen kind of headlights, apparently - and EU has Xenon type. Putting halogen lights into my car takes quite a bit of rewiring, they tell me...

So, does anyone have Xenon headlights but the UK version, i.e. not EU, which are inverted in terms of angles...???

Or if you know somebody who can convert the UK headlights into the EU model of Toyota Verso, i.e. who can rewire it, please?!?

Anyone with any knowledge/information/skills, please? Pretty please... It's a major headache...:zip it:

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• gorski

Changed the title of the thread from “Toyota Verson Xenon headlights UK version anyone?” to “Toyota Verso Xenon headlights UK version - any help, please?”.
  • Thanx, Seagen, I shall study it... ;)

1999gtv - please, educate me further... I have no idea about any of it...

Generally speaking, to my mind, when I am driving in the UK I have no big problem with the oncoming traffic, so beats me why...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Seagen, I have Xenon headlights - Xenon sockets, Xenon jacks/connectors.... In the UK such headlights cost an arm and a leg, as they are very rare, at least for this model of Toyota.

To put usual/normal (for the UK) halogen headlights into my existing Xenon sockets takes many hours of rewiring etc.

These kits for conversion that you posted - perhaps I don't understand what you were pointing out...?

If I had halogens and if I wanted better, Xenon headlights, then this would be the way to go, sure...

But my predicament is slightly different, if you know what I mean......

• Official Post

yeah my understanding is to convert to normal halogen would be easier

A halogen socket x2

A common negative

A dipped beam positive x2

A high beam positive x2

...that can't be hard surely. But without seeing what's there presently hard to say though

• Well, apparently it's a very different system that requires a lot of rewiring and modifying of the sockets, plus "jacks" (plugs) etc.

They told me that it would take enough of working hours to make the difference in price (£450) minimal...

But I have no idea, so I am asking... :(

• Official Post

I was thinking that the Lightbulb for Xenon light has its own reflector and since we drive on the right ;) side of the road our bulbs

reflect the light to the right.

But when driving in UK they drive on the wrong side of the road ;) (Leftside) and therfore the UK bulbs reflect the light to the left.

I read somewhere that if we go to UK we need to switch the expensive Xenon light bulb when comming to UK.

I am no expert so maybe some of the UK dudes here at the forum can correct me if i am wrong?

• The link from jenseneverset is for the eurolites I mentioned earlier, there are two versions one for right hand drive cars ie uk cars driving in europe and another for lhd cars from europe which are driving in the uk. Best thing to do is make sure you order the lhd version and ask a local garage preferably mot testing station with a beamsetter to fit and check they will pass mot. Also some cars have a lever on rear of headlight to swivel projectors for driving abroad with no need for adaptors however I cannot find anything which mentions the verso specifically even though some toyotas like the prius do have this device.

• Yes, I searched high and low - nothing... :( :( :(

The guys who are commissioned to do it also came empty-handed... Blast!

I'll check it all again but one must pass MOT to get registered and insured... It's not that easy...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!