zgemma h9s Receiver can't read USB flash memory..not booting up

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,006 times. The last Post () by nagaraj.

• My Zgemma H9s not booting with any image using usb 2.0 or 3.0, just white logo on it, so any ideas what can i do? I try to come back from open pli to open atv, Receiver can't read USB flah..I used various models of USB flashes..

when decoder is bricked, it can't read USB flash drives..

• Have had issues myself with flashing some of the zgemma range, I format usb with either hp usb disk storage format tool or bootice as either tool will help (zgemmas can be temperamental with usbs). Unzip your h9s zip file and copy the folder called h9 and the 2 other files called bootargs and fastboot to your newly formatted stick and make sure zgemma is powered off before inserting stick in one of the rear ports. Hold in reset button on zgemma rear and keep it held in while you power on and once the logo on front starts to start to flash red/white you can release the reset and let it do it's thing. Have written the entire procedure here in case anybody else needs it, but assume you know majority of this already. The proper format tools and a small capacity usb stick make the difference between success and failure more often than you would think. Both the tools I mentioned at start are free

• Yes, quite so, it depends on the kernel and drivers etc. Not all USB sticks work with it...

Therefore, I would advise you to get a cheap 4-32GB GB large mSD (microSD) card to move E2 to it, thus enlarging the limited flash/NAND and try PurE2, which at the moment gives the most of all the E2s...

In this and E2 Teams sections you can find lots of detailed info, exactly what to do, step-by-step, a lot of it written by yours truly... :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

You will have the best way of elegantly moving everything to mSD card via remote controller, a special skin, special FNC plugins giving you tons of stuff to stream from the net and so on and on...

Just protect yourself first, finding a VPN service that suits your needs, so you don't have to worry. I wrote about that, too and in detail lately, just search a bit... ;)

Best of luck! :)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• First, see if any USB storage device was connected:

Code
    lsusb
    mount
    df -h

- if there is no "lsusb" present in your Enigma2, try to install through:

Code
    opkg update && opkg install lsusb

- or reconnect USB device and enter this diagnostic command (kernel messages):

Code
    dmseg | grep usb

Are you sure the USB device is the right format? Problems arise mainly with NTFS. If you want to boot from a USB stick (flash firmware), it is recommended USB with a capacity of only 4-8 GB and only with FAT32 filesystem. Even if you already have FAT32, try reformatting again, for example using the SD-Formatter tool.

• Hi thanks for the quick reply..

Tried everything mentioned in here finally USB stick with LowLevel format. The a windows( ms dos format) Fat32 format. offter USB flashed now my box fine

ok guys, thanks for the advice,to all... friends

• master G

Closed the thread.

Zgemma H9 Support Forum - Combo Tuner DVB-S2X DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream QT Stalker WiFi Digital Receiver

Download Zgemma H9 Twin SE, Zgemma H9 Combo, Zgemma H9 Combo SE, Zgemma H9s and Zgemma H9s SE 4K UHD Series Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenBh, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, OpenVision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, Sat-Lodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!