restoring the settings after installing new image.

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,202 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• hi to you all .

is there an easy guide on how to restore full setting from previous image to a new one.

i have a dreambox dm900 with an openatv 6.2 image when i tried to restore all the setting back to pure6.2 i just couldnt do it went through the box with remote an nothing...... so now back to openatv again. it looks like i am stuck with it now and i cant be asked to go through all the setting ( dish motor/channels/satellites...) again.

any help would be much apreciated.

cheers guys.:head banger::head banger:

:cool1:

• Personally I wouldn't recommend restoring settings on flashing a new image.

I don't even restore settings on upgrading an image. Never mind a completely different image.

Why is it such a big deal to go through and personalise all your settings again.

I think your actual problem is your fear or lack of desire to do this.

Because once you have done it a few times you can install a new image, and go through all the settings in less than 15 minutes.

Your box will run a lot smoother because of it, with out restoring settings that might not even be compatible with your new image.

And if you get stuck, just ask. The only way to learn is to do.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Official Post

i cant be asked to go through all the setting ( dish motor/channels/satellites...) again.

A settings backup will usually only work on the same image.

Go to /etc/enigma2 and backup settings.xml file.

Open settings.xml file with Notepad++.

Look for entries that start with ~ config.Nims. (these are your dish motor/satellites configuration)

Flash PurE2, then insert config.Nims. entries back into the same file (settings.xml). This will restore your dish motor/satellites configuration.

A motorised channel list can be downloaded from the image addons feed. If you can`t find one you like let us know which settings you use and we can point you in the right direction.

• The most important thing about backup is the "/etc/enigma2" folder, as MasterG already wrote.

There is a list of your user channels (userbouquets.*.tv and .radio) and a very important set of settings from plug-ins, but also the basic settings for the entire Enigma2 (in the file "/etc/enigma2/settings"). In case of OpenATV you can run SKIN configurator - the MyMetrixLite in PLUGIN-MENU where you can save all your SKIN settings to internal flash drive. The SKIN settings will saved as a "/etc/enigma2/MyMetrixLiteBackup.dat" file. After flashing a new OpenATV image, if you upload the file back to OpenATV, you can restore the configuration of your SKIN (MetrixHD as the default SKIN in OpenATV) in the same way (via SKIN configurator: MyMetrixLite).

• master G

Added the Label Image Flashing & Backup Support

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!