Zgemma h7 adds blindscan

There are 26 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,024 times. The last Post () by diyjeb.

• Well, H7 is a really good box that can open a lot of stuff (and it did all that before many others could), but yes, for C band and blindscan it *might* be lacking at the moment. The problems are not BRCM related, but Front End/Tuner HW and SW , which are from another company. Sadly, at this moment, I'm not able to check C band stuff.

• I finally had a chance to try blind scanning with OpenPLi and OpenATV. As suspected, it didn't work but I'm hopeful it will soon. I get the same results described in post #8 with Open ATV. OpenPLi crashes and reboots the receiver. I explained the North American blind scan problem on the OpenPLi forum so we'll see if it helps any.

Here is one of their replies... "Zgemma uses dmmBlindScan.py and the binary code is built in to its drivers. That means all the great features of this plugin (such as the filters) are not available to Zgemma users.".

• I have the Zgemma 9.2S and it has the same issues for North America it only blinds scan the KU-BAND and not C-BAND, mine crashes on the Atv and the PurE2 images when blind scan is selected.

Hopefully it will work better in the future.

Regards.

Chewie

• Hello All

I got a tip on another forum on how to set up for blind scan, I have the Zgemma 9.2S and these settings also work on the Zgmma 7, here are the settings:

For C band use user definied, Lo low 10000, Lo High 10000 and you need to scan from 10950 - 11750 mhz to cover all C Band. You can scan from 11000 - 11750 for best results. Cover all C band frequencies. 10950 is 4200 and 11750 is 3400.

Wow for some reason when the setting were pasted You can hardly see it, just high lite it and you can see it.

On the blind scan screen the start frequency is set to 11000 and the Stop frequency is set to 11700, I set the accuracy for 5.

This receiver Blind Scans on C-BAND now, give it try on these settings.

Regards.

Chewie

• I managed to get blindscan working on my Zgemma H7.AC with openpli-7.1-rc-h7-20190617_usb.zip and zgemmah7-PurE2-6.3-20190619_usb.zip.

Event though my Invacom QPH-031 Quad Polar Circular Linear Ku Band LNB that requires a local oscillator Frequency: Lo = 10.75 GHz, High = 11.25 GHz, I decided to leave my tuner configuration LOF setting in OpenPLi and PurE2 set to universal. In the blindscan plugin, I left the scan start and stop frequencies as default (10700 and 12750).

This resulted in successful ku blindscan on satellites 87.1W to 125.0W. It doesn't matter to me that the frequencies shown in the blind scan state window are wrong. I'm just happy all transponders are found and all channels are found.

I have been using this QPH-031 because it has circular capability which is useful in North America but maybe its time to get a universal LNB.

Thanks to everyone involved with developing these firmware options and plugins.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!