adult channels XXX ciefp settings

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,854 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• M8, you may want to remove the XXX channels from Favs which also have "kids" or "documentaries" etc. in the title... :)

Otherwise, as always, a GREAT JOB!!! :)

I think yours is THE BEST! :)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Well, yeah but - XXX in a bouquet with "kids"? :eye-tongue:

Btw, anyone with a different experience than mine with "parental controls" - at my end, a while back when I tested it, everything slowed down considerably...?? I suppose with the new, powerful machines it should not be an issue...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• OK, having chatted with Ciefp, I had to check and double check my previously established "facts" re. the Parental lock and how that functioned... Namely, long ago, machines were weaker and it would all slow down considerably if one had a PIN activated... Now, this is not so.

So, what Ciefp does is he activates PIN/Parental Control, on all 18+ channels (XXX), when he does the list in DB Edit. However, this is not activated unless one goes into MENU > Setup > Parental Control and then:

1) Protect services has to be = YES

and then one must

2) CHANGE PIN (the default PIN is 0000)

and then

3) Save.

Then, any channel deemed and signed as "18+" will ask you for PIN.

Also, the Parental Control settings in MENU will also be protected by a PIN.

In the same panel one has an option to protect various MENUs/"screens", just in case you have a mischievous kid who likes to change things on the STB, without actually knowing what s/he is doing.... So, useful! :)

Just to share the info, if it can help people with kids... ;)

• Ten or so years ago I tested it all carefully, as I had some young and an older guest who were not to just "stumble upon" those channels! I remember my boxes slowing down considerably to the point of not being able to normally open channels, even those which were NOT encrypted and not XXX. So, I had to delete those channels while my guests were visiting but I did not enable parental controls back then, as it rendered the whole thing unusable. Hence my question...

Perhaps we did not have the same boxes, perhaps we didn't use the same images, perhaps we didn't use the same lists, perhaps... But I know what I experienced and why I didn't bother with it, in the meantime...

Enigma2 Channel List and Settings Support Forum

Enigma2 channel list - settings and satellites.xml. Support and downloads for custom uk and foreign satellite channel lists or satellites.xml files.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!