How can i use my Viasat Card from Viasat CI+ Module in a Smart Card Reader

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,799 times. The last Post () by Tim Kay.

• Hi there,

I have the new black Viasat Card 017 working fine with the Viasat CI+ Module in my Mutant HD51 and CIplus helper.

Now i would like to use the same card in my new Mutant HD60 as it has Blindscan, but the Box only comes with a Smart Card Reader.

I read through all the posts regarding Viasat Card and CI+ Module, but i could not get answers to my problem.

Did anyone switch from CI+ Module to Smart Card Reader and has working oscam files, as i can't get my oscams to work.

When beeing asked for the Boxnumber, i am not sure if that is the Module ID which has 11 Numbers starting

with 0 on the back of the CI+ Module or do i need to run the Oscams without Box ID since the card runs in the CI+ Module.

Hope someone can help :thank_you2:

• My experience tells me that you only will be able to read SD-channels in that way - not the HD-channels...

• Official Post

Read this thread in the Nordic section on how to share your CI+ module channels in your private network :)

Dela i hemma/Hjemme nettet

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Thank you for the link, unfortunately i don't speak any Nordic language, i guess it is Norsk. I will try to use a translator

with the page, but i hope the translation makes sense

• Official Post

I was just guessing you did speak some of the Nordic language since you ask question about Viasat ;)

But i can give you a short explain about how to use your CI+ Module to share in your private network.

First as you have allredy done you need to setup your Mutant HD51.

Then on your Mutant HD60 download plugin "RemoteChannelStreamConverter"

After installation and reboot of enigma2 (GUI) you usally find plugin

in same meny as service searching.

Now open plugin and add the ipadress to your Mutant HD51 and press download.

Now you can download all channels or only the one you want to your Mutant HD60

and stream all channels that need CI+ module to work. This work also just fine with any HD/UHD channels.

If you dont need any sat channels you can disable all tuners and watch all channels from the Mutant HD51

without ant sat dish connected. Its in some way a small IPTV private network ;)

• "I was just guessing you did speak some of the Nordic language since you ask question about Viasat ;)"

Haha no, i am having a Viasat Baltic Card.

Well anyway thank you so so much for wrapping it up for me, i will try to figure it out this evening.

• Official Post

I use it and it works like a charm and if you have a good internetprovider you can use VPN to connect from outside your private

network also ;)

• I just installed the plug-in it is really foolproof and works great.....

....The only thing is, that i have to have both Boxes running. I was thinking of giving the Mutant HD51 to a friend, since the HD 60 works

fine for me and takes less space.

So i will be there again where i started, trying to run my Viasat Card in the HD60 card reader. :unhappy:

• Official Post

Okey did not now you where such good friend ;)

Well then you have a bigger problem setup a Viasat Card for sharing is very tricky and i am not the guy to help you there

But ask in the Nordic section i know the Danish still have some sd working solutions.

Its OK to ask in English even if we prefer Nordic language :)

Norway and Sweden have all dead cards

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!