Latest AAF and channel selection

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 687 times. The last Post () by canthackit.

• Hi Ya
    installed that above image a day or so ago and a very nice stable image it is indeed with the epg program almost fully loading something that dont happen on other images even when running crossepg etc.

anyways to my problem the only thing i find really annoying is that when wanting to change channels via the listings i have to press the OK button for selection i've checked various menus and none of them facilitate to use the OK button as per norm 1 push.

is there a workaround for this that anybody knows of.

This is on a VU+ Duo btw

Regards: canthackit

• My epg always fully populates using CrossEPG and OpenTV sources with ViX so not sure whats going wrong for you. as for the other part you could try using MQB or multi quick button ( plugin ) to customize your buttons.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Hello pheonix

since time began i've never had an epg program that fully loaded 28.2E 19.2E 16.0E 13.0E 4.8E 0.8W the nearest that came to it was Ryvix and now that is no longer and there's a variant of it it's now just as bad as all the others.

I mean that if by example i'm on C+ ACCION and go to SHOWTIME C+ NORDIC then go back to D+ the epg has virtually been wiped so i have to either reload or rescan, i've only picked these 2 as examples it happens across the board tho, and there's nothing more annoying than when i try to load all providers usually about 10 of them it gets to near the end then the spinner sets off and the only way out is to pull the power and then of course when rebooted everything is wiped so it's through the whole procedure again.

anyways thanks for you advice i'll check out MQB.

regards: canthackit

• The problem there is and i'm presuming your using a Duo. The duo has relatively low memory and as such using 10 providers in any EPG will very quickly overwhelm the box. In such circumstances i'd recommend a temporary swap file. as i said i only use a EPG on 28.2 east and it always populates using CrossEPG and the OpenTV 28.2 east source.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• i've used a swap file for yonks mate, in this case it's 96 meg.

you see mate that's the thing by and large 28.2E populates ok, once upon a time Ryvix did an excellent job for a mutilsat setup, not perfect but adequate, then things changed now the Rytek version is not up to scratch, neither is any of the other epg progs.

but back to the original problem this Open AAF image is very impressive i must say, and if i can find a workaround for the channel selection i'll certainly stick with it.

regards: canthackit

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!