Oscam for Amiko Viper Combo HDD

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,835 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• I have an Amiko Viper Combo HDD receiver with an old oscam version.

The compiler for Oscam is mipsel-oe-linux.

I have tried to update with this oscam svn-11515-mipsel-oe1.6-webif-oscam-emu but it doesn't work.

Do I need an other Oscam version?

• Hi.

This is a very old question, but I have to respond because the answer is irrelevant. I am also looking on the internet to see if there is any special Oscam for the Amiko Viper4K model. But I can't find it. Standard Oscam will probably suffice.

Do not use Ocam, designed for chipset architecture with SH4 processor ! SH4 is already a dying processor architecture and is little used, even for Amiko, it no longer uses this processor architecture.

OE 1.6 is the older core of the Enigma. If you use the current Enigma from, for example, the OpenATV or OpenPLi team, they usually use an OE 2.0 core based Enigma, so then you need Oscam for OE 2.0 and not OE 1.6. However, this is debatable. Enigma OE core versions in the case of open source software are complicated. Nearly all open-source Enigmas are combined in the "OE Alliance Group" and are based on the OE 2.0 core. The original Enigma firmware from Dreambox manufacturer, unfortunately already contains a newer version of Enigma core - ie OE 2.5 and 2.6 even 2.7. However, they are very well compatible with the old Enigma OE 2.0 core.

Amiko Viper COMBO:

Amiko Viper COMBO contains a MIPSEL chipset. So, you need to download and to use the Oscam developed for mipsel chipsets (currently the most widely used and popular on a variety of devices is the chipset based on architecture "mips32el").

More info about Amiko Viper Combo:

https://www.amikohome.com/api/…per_combo_hdd_v190214-pdf

There is used chipset "Broadcom BCM7362-5", i.e. mipsel.

Amiko Viper4K:

If you happen to own an Amiko Viper4K set-top box, then it is an ARM chipset and it can sometimes be a bit complicated.

Info about Viper4K exactly here:

https://www.amikostb.com/product/355-viper4k

There is used chipset "HiSilicon Hi3798MV200":

http://www.hisilicon.com/en/Me…News/home_media_platforms

HiSilicon Hi3798MV200 provides powerful CPU and GPU processing capabilities with a quad-core ARM® Cortex® A53 64-bit CPU and a multi-core ARM® MaliTM 450 graphics GPU and subsystem along with the latest generation of the HiVXE2.0 Multi-format Video decode engine. Also supporting the latest Industry High Dynamic Range, (HDR) technologies, HDR/ HDR10 & Dolby Vision along with best-in-class PQ engine, ImprexTM2.0, which provides an immersive video quality experience.

More info about CPU "ARM Cortex-A53":

https://developer.arm.com/ip-p…ssors/cortex-a/cortex-a53

Architecture : Armv8-A
    1-4x Symmetrical Multiprocessing (SMP) within a single processor cluster, and multiple coherent SMP processor clusters through AMBA 4 technology
    - AArch32: for full backward compatibility with Armv7
    - AArch64: for 64-bit support and new architectural features (Armv8)

This processor can work in two modes:

- in 64-bit "AArch64" (ARMv8)

- in 32-bit "AArch32" (ARMv7 compatible mode)

First of all, it depends on which mode your firmware is working in. Classic firmware, such as OpenATV, is usually designed only for 32-bit (ARMv7) mode. Some firmware may to be also developed that works in the new 64-bit architecture mode (ARMv8 / AArch64). The original set-top box firmware (developed by the set top box manufacturer) should work in AArch64 mode.

So you have to find out which firmware / Enigma you use in your set-top box. Accordingly, then go to the internet or this discussion forum and download and install the appropriate edition of Oscam (for AArch64 / ARM v8 architecture or the common ARM v7 compatible architecture).

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!