What is your prefference

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,149 times. The last Post () by nano.

• I notice on discussion their seems to be 2 main contenders, AAF or TeamRed.
    I have installed TeaRed, purely because the very first person I spoke to recommended it.

So what is your choice and why, what in your opinion are the others worthy of a try.

As I am so new, I would like to try a few before getting too reliant on just one.

What do you folks think. I would have done a poll but don't know enough of them lol..

Cheers G

• I chose team red based on being told of it stability as the box isnt going to be with me so needed a stable image.

I would advise on getting comfortable with team red image then start changing images otherwise you may get stuck.

• I would try all the images that you can, for all the time that it takes to flash a image on it's well worth spending time experimenting,after all thats what this hobby is mostly about,trying things out and making changes or tweaking your set-up.

A image that one person might like may not suit another,so it's important that you make your own chioce to get the one that you enjoy using.

Give it a go buddy,try them all!!!

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• You can try some alternatives as well - There is a great backup image by the HDfreaks team - based on TeamRed - It has easier access to all the cams you need - also there is a new image called openmips - worth a try, I have installed this, not put it to a proper test, but it looks ok!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• TeamRed image is a good image, but it doesn't work too well with Dreambox edit making it difficult to backup you channel lists. It also takes an age to scan in satellites.

OpenAAF is a good image also but i find support from this team less than helpful. Its impossible to download this from their forum, which doesn't exactly make it very open does it.

I have downlaoded OpenMips but have yet to try it as i have no idea how well supported it is for emus etc etc.

Nano

• OpenMips is most likely the way to go. Read that it is very stable (29042012 image at least)

I loaded latest 28.04.2012 openAAF 2.6 kernel image, adjusted it to my liking:

cccam 2.3
    Catseye E2 Settings File
    Minicats_Key_Bundle.zip
    oscam-svn6642-mips-tuxbox-webif-Distribution.tar
    enigma2-plugin-extensions-startuptostandby_experimental-git20120430-r0_mipsel.ipk
    gb800se-extensions-fullbackup_0.2_mipsel.ipk

Does all I need it for.

Does not play mp3/aac sound via optical from avi,
    does not allow easy weather settings adjustment,
    too many German words in various settings,
    does not play internet radio if it is in .ogg format

All in all not bad unit, which requires lots more support, whichever image you chose, unless source becomes completely open - which might happen with openmips

sebus

• great reply's guys, I have installed TeamRed and CCcam 2.3.0.

i think I will give OpenMips a go next, loots seem to be happening on the scene right now, as said above, I am struggling getting various programs working and when I look for help, it seems to be in German..

Loving trying different things...the pressure is off once you get the basics done, now it is fiddle time..

• Can you post some screen shots when you've installed it mate. It might give me the push to actually update my 800 HD Solo :haha:

Thanks

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!