Intelsat 27.5 West

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,697 times. The last Post () by Antepenultim8.

• I have got the above channels from 27.5West working on 2 VU+ boxes.
    My question is will the high symbol rate 11495 v scan in OK and work on the H7s

• I have a recently acquired Zgemma H7s and was wondering if it is possible for anyone with a working 27.5w backup image they would kindly upload for me to try/use/compare. I understand I would have to customise my tuner setup to suit. I am new to linux and finding oscam etc. mind boggling. Alternatively, point me to an idiots guide on how to set it up. Hope someone can help and thank you.

• I have a recently acquired Zgemma H7s and was wondering if it is possible for anyone with a working 27.5w backup image they would kindly upload for me to try/use/compare. I understand I would have to customise my tuner setup to suit. I am new to linux and finding oscam etc. mind boggling. Alternatively, point me to an idiots guide on how to set it up. Hope someone can help and thank you.

Posting up a backup image for you try out won't really help since everyone has a different setup with respect to what satellites they can receive from their own location so you would be trying something which may not suit your dish and lnb settings..also they may be using skins and other plugins which you may not like...

What image are you using now is it Openvix.OpenPli or something else..

Why are you specifying 27.5w is there something in particular on that satellite that you want to view..

How competent are you with using either Filezilla or Putty you will need either or both so that you can ftp into the receiver to transfer files over.

Also take some time to go through the filebase on this forum a large number of the postings are extremely well written and can explain things in greater step by step detail than be given here in a thread..

• Thanks for the reply, I am currently using Openvix, Open ATV, & Pure2 on mutiboot. I specify 27.5w for when we travel down through Europe to Portugal for the winters in a motorhome and the EPG import facility works great. Astra 2 is out of range once we turn the corner into Spain and not receivable. I previously used a Mutant HD11 which was setup for 27.5w using ccam (I think) over the internet with step by step guidance and files a correspondent from another forum sent/helped me. The box I have now is similar (linux) but different and apparently requires Oscam. I'm lost so far and still can't get my head around it, yet, and thought a backup image would get me up and running, understanding that I would have to customise it and tailor it to my liking. I have a spare boot slot which I would use. Thanks again for the response.

• Thanks for the reply, I am currently using Openvix, Open ATV, & Pure2 on mutiboot. I specify 27.5w for when we travel down through Europe to Portugal for the winters in a motorhome and the EPG import facility works great. Astra 2 is out of range once we turn the corner into Spain and not receivable. I previously used a Mutant HD11 which was setup for 27.5w using ccam (I think) over the internet with step by step guidance and files a correspondent from another forum sent/helped me. The box I have now is similar (linux) but different and apparently requires Oscam. I'm lost so far and still can't get my head around it, yet, and thought a backup image would get me up and running, understanding that I would have to customise it and tailor it to my liking. I have a spare boot slot which I would use. Thanks again for the response.

Ahh right ok understood....I can help you with Openvix but the others I stopped using...I started with this receiver approx. 2 months ago...what I did was downloaded the latest ipk which is in this thread here below...download the zip version and transfer it by ftp into the /tmp folder in the receiver..you can then install it either from ftp commands or from within the receiver itself...the reason I used an ipk file was because it sets up all the config files and their respective folders in the correct place...on OpenVix image the locations are

Oscam-emu installs itself into folder /usr/softcams

Softcam Key installs itself into folder etc/tuxbox/config....

as far as I am aware different images and and make of receiver can all have different file/folder locations

Oscam emu ALL Images mips--arm .ipk .deb

PS- The oscams available from the Openvix plug-ins menu are badly outdated so don't waste your time with those..

• Thanks for reply. Just got back from shops. I've downloaded 2 zip files from the last posted entry in your link above, one file ends with .ipk.zip and the other .deb.zip. Do I ftp both or one or the other. What will I have then? and is there more to do. I intend to put a fresh flash of openvix on a spare slot so I can concentrate on 27.5w that without affecting my other images. Will I need to edit the lamedb file after I have scanned in the 27.5w channels.? Hoping to gather enough confidence to go for it once I know to expect from each stage. Thanks.

p.s. In the past I have placed ipk files on a USB stick and loaded them from prompt after inserting the stick. Is this the same outcome as the method you described above?

• Thanks for reply. Just got back from shops. I've downloaded 2 zip files from the last posted entry in your link above, one file ends with .ipk.zip and the other .deb.zip. Do I ftp both or one or the other. What will I have then? and is there more to do. I intend to put a fresh flash of openvix on a spare slot so I can concentrate on 27.5w that without affecting my other images. Will I need to edit the lamedb file after I have scanned in the 27.5w channels.? Hoping to gather enough confidence to go for it once I know to expect from each stage. Thanks.

p.s. In the past I have placed ipk files on a USB stick and loaded them from prompt after inserting the stick. Is this the same outcome as the method you described above?

I usually download the zip file extract it on my desktop and then ftp the file extension .ipk into the /tmp folder on the receiver..

from there I install it from with the receiver menu...you can do an install using the ftp commands >opkg install /tmp/*.ipk or do as you mention an install from usb stick.....using the ipk is supposed to overwrite anything in the target directories but I downloaded copies from the receiver to my laptop as a backup and then deleted the files in those directories prior to installing the ipk that way I had anything previously working to fall back on...you then have to edit the oscam.file to suit your particular circumstances..any fresh flash that i've has not been a problem with respect to deleting things wanted....you are given the option prior to doing a flash to make a backup of settings/plugins etc...

PS: I should have mentioned the deb file is ok if you are also using a linux pc....in my case I use both windows and linux machines..

• Had a look at the "How to install an ipk" as your link above. The first USB option is the one I am familiar with. I already have DCC installed on my Windows laptop and have connected to stb previously so have stumbled my way around this program.

When the ipk is installed, what should I expect to see?

Are there further steps like adding or editing some file(s)? I.e. lamedb, config, readers etc. I am really feeling my way in the dark so would like to be prepared.

Thanks.

• Assuming the ipk installed correctly you should have a folder/directory structure like this >/etc/tuxbox/config/scce...config folder should have the Softcam file and various other configuration files I think the critical one to edit is oscam.server..you will also have to edit oscam.conf ...the server one took me quite a bit of time reading to figure out the correct settings and every image and receiver seems to be slightly different....you should also have a /usr/softcams folders with the oscam emu listed there...i've mentioned previously the settings which works and allows me to view the afn channels along with various others might not suit you..

• Thanks MA, knowing what to expect to see in the folders is useful. You mention the various files will be loaded as part of the OScam install (if I've understood you correctly) and files that will need to be edited. I don't anticipate difficulty editing the files, just don't know what to edit and change to what? You mention afn channels. I used to watch those when life was simpler on a closed source box but things appeared to have become complicated with constant changes, so haven't bothered on a linux box, but willing to try!

• Yes the afn channels and a few of the discovery channels are handled by the oscam.emu...if your using c lines or some other type of cam i'm unable to help with those...I only bought this receiver about 2 months ago so it's been a steep learning curve from using c lines..I can handle linux ok on a pc but the file structure on these receivers is different..the ipk file is supposed to setup the necessary files and folders in there correct locations and from there you do the file editing and softcams as needed...if you get to that point i'll try and help with the oscam.server and the oscam.conf.....

• Many thanks so far, still waiting to take the plunge once I have got the stb to talk to the laptop. I don't really know what c lines are or what to do with them. I guess it is something to do with the internet. I don't have fixed broadband, only phone data as and when needed which suits our needs. I have taken the precaution of loading a separate (latest) openvix to set up OScam on a spare slot so as not to affect what is already working. Scanned in the 27.5w channels ok, and now need to edit the lamedb file. Hope I can come back to you as things progress (or not).

• Hello I have just bought this receiver and trying to open the channels as well with no success! Can you please tell me which files i need to add and what i need to do?? I have an OpenATV 6.4 image. Please HELP!!!!!

Thanks!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!