oscam+pure2 6.3 image

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,409 times. The last Post () by Blogger.

• OpenATV does not officially support softcams. So if you use softcams in OpenATV, it's probably an installed additional feed that includes softcam packages (in the form of plugins).

Or did you install the oscam package downloaded from the Internet ? Or did you use manual oscam installation ?

I think Pure2 image supports and includes some softcams in their own feed. Try this in the Shell (Pure2 image):

Code
    opkg update
    opkg list | grep oscam
  • OK, then it's the "p-manager" problem in the PurE2 image that there is no functional softcam for your set-top box.

I keep saying that Linux systems are not meant for ordinary people but for IT professionals. Linux is not Windows :) (everything is over-automated so that the user no longer knows what's going on with the system). For installation of softcam I always recommend the manual installation method - Tutorial : How to install softcam (OSCam/CCCam) manually, if you hate ipk packages .

Anyway, you need to look for a softcam for your own chipset (architecture) to make it work 100%. Sometimes you will also find some IPK package that works, but it can be adapted to another type of Enigma and may not work in PurE2 Enigma. When installing manually, you know exactly what you are doing and where and how it must work. In the case of automated IPK packages or, in the case of plugin-MENU in the GUI, it is very chaotic because it is automated and the user has no overview in the principle of automation.

• And what exactly didn't work ? Because mips(/32/el) technology usually does not currently have a problem running a compiled binary.

So the problem, in my opinion, was in the incorrect implementation of auto-launch of a particular Oscam.

Or is it necessary to activate the installed Oscam via MENU in PurE2 ? Sorry, I don't know PurE2 image well.

Or it might have been a default Oscam configuration error. For example, some IPK packages use at least the default universal configuration files after installing Oscam, but some IPK installers do not load any configuration (default or universal config) at all into the appropriate Oscam configuration folder.

• It is good image and still beta they will fix safely shortly

Good image doesn't exist :).

All Enigmas have the same resource, and the better and more popular Enigmas even stick to a minimum standard (OE-Alliance Group - https://github.com/oe-alliance ). There are always some minor bugs in every single Enigma. Every single Enigma is constantly being repaired, improved, refined, which also results in new and new minor bugs during development. It doesn't matter what Enigma do you use.

If I can advise you, please choose any Enigma, which has been around for a long time and its main developers have a lot of experience - also other developers of other Enigma editions "get" from their free open source code. As a rule, about 80-90% of the code in Enigma is always the same everywhere (copied from other Enigma editions).

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!