Open atv 6.2 latest stable oscam

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,166 times. The last Post () by bill dar.

• Which exactly is the H7 model? Is it 4K? I can't find what chipset your box contains. It will probably be BCM7251S chipset - ARMv7 architecture. So you need oscam for ARMv7.

Are you looking for a complete IPK package or just a binary file to rewrite the original file ?

Which Enigma are you using ? (If you want an IPK package, it can also depend on the Enigma used.)

For chipset info, try the following command in the Shell:

Code
    cat /proc/cpuinfo
    # or:
    uname -m
  • And what about my other questions ?

Do you use IPK packages ? Need to first activate the installed IPK package ? Everything is dependent on the type of installer in the IPK and the one used by the softCAM startup method. Most Enigma editions needs to additionally activate a particular softCAM in the Enigma GUI-MENU configuration after installing the IPK package if it is a "/etc/*.emu" file (usually in the "/etc" folder) - usually in the Softcam Panel as an embedded plug-in. Even IPK packages even install only ".emu" files, which may be a problem if Enigma does not include the Softcam Panel plugin (or the old plugin version).

I always say that the best method of installation is manual - Tutorial : How to install softcam (OSCam/CCCam) manually, if you hate ipk packages . Then you know exactly what you installed, where the softcam is located, that it works properly, what it needs to do to make it work, etc. . Unfortunately, in your case, the failure to run may cause many causes. For example, do you have the correct configuration files for softCAM uploaded? How do you know your softCAM isn't working ? Did you check it through Shell ? Or how did you verify that your softCAM is not running ?

• Everything is written in the tutorial. You can find the chipset architecture via commands (in the Shell - via the PUTTY.EXE app - via Telnet or SSH connection):

cat /proc/cpuinfo

..or..

uname -m

Then download the appropriate softcam (OSCam) from the internet for your chipset architecture (which is used in your set-top box).

It depends on you whether you use the manual installation procedure with a binary file or if you use an IPK installation package (however, the IPK does not always have to work under every Enigma).

Use the Oscam version without the EMU module if you don't need to emulate the card reader. This of course depends on the DVB provider you use (you didn't even mention your provider).

How-To convert the CCCam line into Oscam config you can found here:

How to setup Oscam.server on H 7 C box

• What do you need ?

I still don't understand, sorry.

Please write some details - exactly what you need, what does not work, what you have already tried to solve your problem, etc. .

• Sorry, if you can't answer all my questions, so you can't do it by yourself and you need someone to help out who knows the Linux set-top boxes. (Or contact me via the Skype and write me what exactly is the problem.)

As you can to convert the N-lines or C-lines into Oscam configuration, I have already mentioned above as a forum discussion URL-link. Which exactly Oscam you need, I also said or how you can find out. It just remains to find, download and install.

Can you even connect to a set-top box via a terminal (Telnet or SSH connection) ? For example, using PUTTY.EXE from Windows or directly from Linux systems (they can open Telnet terminal as well as SSH to another Linux machine) ???

You would install (if you don't have !) softcam feed and then find next item "Softcams" in the MENU Plugins. Use the following procedure to add the softcam feed: Openatv 6.3 universal softcam feed .

Read, read and read, please ! Thanks.

• hi mate I have the feed installed my line is n line saved as cfg file wich cam do I select from the feed cccam 232 or the oscam ones there is quite a few to choose from thanks nearly there

• But I don't see your set top box, I don't know exactly what you got there. It's not Windows system but Linux with Enigma. There it is also not easy to install and uninstall. It depends on the type of Enigma, as the Softcam Panel plugin can work a little differently. I personally don't use any Softcam Panel, so I don't have to activate anything in the Enigma GUI MENU. I use the manual installation procedure, ie running the softcam itself through my script in the "/etc/init.d" folder. All what you have to do is check the chipset type (architecture) and then download the appropriate binary softcam file.

So I can't advise you because I don't know what you got in there. The location of the configuration files for Cccam and for Oscam may vary. It also distinguishes the format of the configuration files themselves. It's complicated (lengthy) to explain.

• OK thank u very much the box is all set up on latest open atv 6.3 my box is zgemma h7 s line I have is saved as n line as a cfg file can not get the line to work I have try it with c a m 230 would I need to convert file to oscam file first as only oscam is used on thus box thank u very much just little help required

• N-Line is the same as C-Line. N-Line also include the key at the end of line. For example:

N: hostname portnumber username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Translated into "oscam.server" file:

However, in addition to the "oscam.server" file, other things in Oscam may need to be configured. Most Oscam IPK installers already contain default configuration files. However, these files may not always work at 100% in each one set-top box. You can locate the configuration directory after connecting to the Oscam Webif interface via web-browser: http://box_IP_address:8888 and then clicking to the "Files" entry -> "oscam.version".

See also:

How to setup Oscam.server on H 7 C box

More info about "oscam.server" file:

http://www.streamboard.tv/wiki/OSCam/en/Config/oscam.server

• master G

Closed the thread.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!