Help needed to work Oscam with cccam

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,936 times. The last Post () by RMsince1981.

• Hello

I am new so I apologise for this if already been answered.

Image: openvix-5.2.040.release-vusolo4k_usb

Box: Vu+ Solo 4k

I installed the following.

enigma2-plugin-softcams-cccam_2.3.2-r0.0_armv7ahf-neon.ipk

enigma2-plugin-softcams-mgcamd-1.35a-r0-cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk

enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam-latest_1.20+svn11517-r1_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk

I can access both cccam and oscam through their webif

I then installed the following files to the following directory

cccam files

directory: /etc

CCcam.cfg

CCcam.channelinfo

CCcam.prio

oscam

directory: /etc/tuxbox/config

oscam.ccache

oscam.conf

oscam.dvbapi

oscam.services

oscam.srvid

oscam.srvid2

oscam.user

oscam.user.bak

I am missing oscam.server information

The oscam user information is taken from the files I downloaded from here

https://kos.hdsat.pl/menu-8.html

I downloaded the following files for the setup from the above website so I have no idea if it is enough to work.

CCcam.channelinfo

CCcam.prio

oscam.dvbapi

oscam.services

oscam.srvid

oscam.srvid2

I am trying to get working for 28.2E Astra Sky UK if anyone can help I would very much appreciate.

Again sorry for being new to this

• Hi Coder

Okay thank you for letting me know.

My dish is only fixed on 28.2E single LNB. Is there any way to receive other channels without being able to scan them?

I like sports friend tells me BEIN is on 26.5E but I don’t receive any channels due to fixed dish with 1 LNB. Inherited the dish from previous occupant apartment building so not easy to access roof. Geographically I’m in France Grenoble area.

Looking for English language channels from European satellites might try to get toroidal dish if there’s a way to receive new channels.

Many thanks for any and all ideas information

• There is a lot of possibilities to receive a signal from multiple satellites.

If you would like to receive a signal from two satellites that are spaced apart at a very small distance, for example just 4 degrees away, you can use a two-piece LNB in one - the so-called "monoblock" (see here: https://www.satlex.us/en/lnb_types.html) which are two linked LNBs together with a shift of 3 or 6 degrees or more. You also buy other monoblocks that have a different distance (different degrees), but you have to look on the internet. The difference between 28 and 26 is only 3 degrees, so a 3-step LNB monoblock could be used. Of course you have to set the dish so that the LNB "sees" both satellites. LNB monoblocks have an simple internal DiSEqC switch.

Of course, you can also use a separate LNB, placed in the front of the one dish (or even for several dishes) and then use the external DiSEqC switch/es. You can also find exemplary configurations for one set-top-box at: https://www.satlex.us/en/1participant.html

You will also find antennas calculators on the mentioned website: https://www.satlex.us/en/azel_calc.html

BTW, running Cccam while Oscam on one set-top-box is stupid. Oscam supports a lot of communication protocols - more than Cccam itself. So Oscam also includes the communication protocols used in Mgcamd and in Cccam. Oscam is server+client in one. So running the Cccam and Mgcamd additionally softcams is a stupid way and unnecessary chaos for Enigma. In my opinion, just Oscam is enough.

In the case of Oscam, however, you need more knowledge to set it up. Especially important are files: oscam.server , oscam.conf , oscam.user and sometimes oscam.dvbapi, all other files are less important (oscam.services, oscam.provid, oscam.srvid) and are used only in specific cases or they serve only for better channel identification (for system administrator).

• Wow honestly this is amazing help your information is so detailed I am very thankful you took the time to reply in such detail with the links

I’ve determined that a toroidal swap from existing dish to a wave frontier 90cm toroidal would really give me several options that perhaps could be beneficial if it was possible to get a working Oscam for some of the satellites.

I will uninstall the cccam and mgcam from the box as per your advice thank you

Really appreciate your help

• Though Oscam has more settings and hence a little complex, it is better because he is versatile. It can be used both as a server and as a client. It only depends on you. It is very popular in recent years. It has many features (such as blocking: certain channels, ProvID, CAID, etc. ... as a filter for specific users or for user groups or total blocking ...). There is a possibility to set the priority of each card reader if you use multiple card readers (either by blocking channels or by setting the weight or by setting priority for local readers above remote readers). For example, there is a possibility to record and use miniature picons in Oscam Webif if you want to watch who sees on TV. But here you have to have the file "oscam.srvid" and then still picons with the extension .TPL for Oscam. And so on...... There's a lot to start with, but when you learn it, you'll just like it ;-).

http://www.streamboard.tv/wiki/OSCam/en

• Though Oscam has more settings and hence a little complex, it is better because he is versatile. It can be used both as a server and as a client. It only depends on you. It is very popular in recent years. It has many features (such as blocking: certain channels, ProvID, CAID, etc. ... as a filter for specific users or for user groups or total blocking ...). There is a possibility to set the priority of each card reader if you use multiple card readers (either by blocking channels or by setting the weight or by setting priority for local readers above remote readers). For example, there is a possibility to record and use miniature picons in Oscam Webif if you want to watch who sees on TV. But here you have to have the file "oscam.srvid" and then still picons with the extension .TPL for Oscam. And so on...... There's a lot to start with, but when you learn it, you'll just like it ;-).

http://www.streamboard.tv/wiki/OSCam/en

s3n0 Thank you very much :-)

I honestly have no idea about this or how it works but the joy is in learning, it really is fantastic to have helpful and open members like you here especially for us beginners.

Thanks a lot very informative and helpful

• So don't worry about Oscam. You will learn everything if you really care about it. You have to try new configurations and look for information on the Internet. It only matters to you how much you enjoy it. If you can't cope with a few days of trouble yourself, then you can ask for a discussion forum and be sure to advise you.

You only need to find the correct configuration files for your provider: provider CAID + basic settings. The main config files are: oscam.conf, oscam.server, oscam.user. It is simple.

The harware CAM module is basically for basic hardware controlled access to DVB encoded channels (Satellite / Terrestrial / Cable / IPTV). Insert the decoding card into the hardware CAM module and then insert the entire module into the CI+ interface (in the TV receiver, in the set top box, etc.).

Basically, SoftCAM is a software approach. That is, the software works with a card reader and a card inserted inside it. It's not a CAM hardware (no hardware module).OSCam is one of the best and very popular SoftCams because it has a lot of features, especially if you need to share your card reader with a card inside (OSCam also fulfills server function). Often, DVB providers are fighting against the use of SoftCams, because it is often used to illegally share decoding cards.

• Thank you very much

I understand your clear explanation you break it down in a good way so as new people can make sense of it ))

I will continue to learn and move forward with this process thank you

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!