oscam for Zgemma H9.2h

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,434 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• Hello all im new to the forum but not to zgemma, can anyone point me in the right direction to get Oscam working on my H9.2h

i am running openatv 6.2

there is no option for softcams in plug in downloads or existing on the box already

any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance :good-morning12:

• OMG ... this PurE2 image ... ROFL. Don't make him complete re-reinstatement just for Oscam. There is no need to reinstall OpenATV to another Enigma2. Let this guy himself choose the Enigma2 he likes the most. It may also be PurE2 enigma, but choose himself. And definitely for Oscam - THIS IS NOT NEEDED.

Oscam can be used by any Enigma2. You must never be limited by Enigma2 selection ! Although OpenATV does not directly support softcams, it's still supported in the source code (there is a SoftcamPanel plugin, ie. "/etc/*.emu" files are supported in the OpenATV). Even in OpenATV you may have added another feed, and then you normally install the selected softcam from the plugins in MENU (GUI). Of course, there are also manual procedures, which I think is better than an Enigma2 specific IPK-package. There is a lot of Enigma2. He doesn't need another Enigma 2 for Oscam. Let him decide. Reinstallation of Enigma2 just for Oscam - that's stupid ! OpenATV is good Enigma2.

Manual installation procedure for softcam (specifically Oscam and Cccam):

Tutorial : How to install softcam (OSCam/CCCam) manually, if you hate ipk packages

Possibility to add another source (feed server) with softcam IPK-installers (will be added into Plugin-MENU), also especially for OpenATV image:

Softcam Feeds

• I just recommended him something I personally consider the best and easiest for beginners. Also I stand there fully to that I mean the Pur-E2 image is the better equipped in the range Plugins . I never told him that he have to reflash ,it was just information :cheers:

Pur-E2 -Team

Admin of HDSC

• master G

Set the Label from Oscam to Arm 4K UHD Oscam Support
  • He just needs Oscam and not install another Enigma :). The new GUI in the new Enigma will have to learn how to control it again (different MENU).

In addition, every Enigma requires some IT skills to manage Enigma. The difference in the Enigma edition is only in better support provided to its users or in the Enigma design. Everything else is just what every IT professional can handle - for example, installing a plugin that doesn't support every Enigma is also possible - yes, there are plugins that don't work with PurE2 because they are designed for another Enigma, but these are possible plugins start up if user set top box has proper IT knowledge.

I have nothing against PurE2, nor against any other Enigma. I even think PurE2 looks good. But let people decide for themselves which Enigma is the most engaging.

For example, I chose OpenATV only because in the built-in and supported SKIN MetrixHD, there were all the necessary elements for me. Of course, these graphic elements can also be transferred to another Enigma. But what would I do when it is built in OpenATV? The disadvantage of OpenATV is its weak support in English (mainly the German development team). There is also English support, but it is weak. So if you are looking for a problem that has already been addressed, you must write a new one in English if you do not know the German language to look for a discussion in German. For example, OpenPLi has its discussion forum primarily in English. OpenPLi also directly supports softcams (in the Plugin MENU), as in the case of PurE2 image. I could also write about other Enigmas I have tried. Each has its pluses and minuses ... unfortunately.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!