Looking for oscam.ipk for Octagon SF8008 4k

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,305 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• Nope. Octagon SF8008 contains just the armv8-a architecture. Oscam on Octagon sf 8008

However, for most set-top boxes, or for most Enigma firmware, the armv8 architecture works in armv7 compatibility mode. So it is possible to use binaries or ipk-installers that are also designed for armv7 architecture.

• chip:Hi3798m v200 ,with 64bit cpu. but,

The manufacturer itself can't make firmware. At present, there are only 32-bit systems openatv image:

/etc/image-version

cortex-A53 CPU downgraded to cortex-A15

• Yes, that's what I wrote. URL links or more info on chipsets and architectures are given in the external thread of this forum - link to my post is mentioned above.

As the SF8008 chipset works in the armv7 compatibility mode (or as I wrote - firmware / Enigma2 is written in compatibility mode), it will also be possible to use binaries and installers for armv7. The truth is, the device has a new armv8 chipset. This may result in occasional minor problems in the smallest detail, and this also applies to Oscam.

Over time, developers will be forced to upgrade to a 64bit firmware version (i.e. armv8 full-featured mode for this chipset) as it will be necessary to address more than 4GB of RAM. This RAM could be used very well, for example, for temporary disk ("/tmp") or video storage in the "timeshift" function.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!