How to get PiG/Channel preview in channel preview?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,035 times. The last Post () by sebus.

• New to Pure2 (used OpenVix for years)

Using for now single tuner

I used to have channel preview in channel list, so could just press Exit to get back to what I was on (used to quickly check ie score in match on another channel)

But in P2 I have only full channel underneath channel list & no preview

Maybe that is me not knowing how to setup P2 or maybe it is impossible in this image?

sebus

• To check a score I simply turn to another channel, then use BACK or <PREV button on remote control unit (RCU). Those buttons will serve the purpose fairly well in new, stronger STBs, as zapping will be fast...

However, to answer your question directly and fully...

"Channel preview" means PiG (Picture in Graphics) - that option we do not have in PurE2's Estuary skin, other than transparency set to about 50% or so in MENU > Plugins > Estuary config...

You can try with another skin - but I do not know if ALL PurE2 specific functions will work with other skins (FNC plugins in particular)...

PiG will be found in:

MENU > Plugins > green button to download more stuff > Skins >

AX_Blue_FHD_4ATV or

Aeon_FHD or

PLi-FullHD, then

change the skin in User Interface > Skin... or

pManager > Video/OSD/Skin > Change skin > confirm the suggested action, to restart E2.

When PurE2 restarts, you must go to:

MENU > Setup > System > Channel Selection settings >

Channel list preview = yes +

Channel list show Mini TV > Yes >

green button to save and then

Exit to go to

Standby menu to

Restart E2.

DO NOT REMOVE THE DEFAULT PURE2 ESTUARY SKIN, as some of its libs will be used by other skins!!!

When you do the above you will get the behaviour you are used to...

Good luck! :)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Many thanks, that is some proper explanation!

PLi-FullHD is nice for what I need.

Now if I could only get the FP LCD to display channel number instead of just time... (where are any settings as to what to display?)

It does not seem to matter what skin I use on Zgemma H7S

• gorski

Changed the title of the thread from “Channel preview in channel list” to “How to get PiG/Channel preview in channel list?”.
  • master G

Added the Label Display & LCD Support
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “How to get PiG/Channel preview in channel list?” to “How to get PiG/Channel preview in channel preview?”.

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!