OpenATV SoftCam Feed Discussion Thread

There are 380 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 121,486 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• Yes, because without the warning or notification, the author of the "nonpublic.space" site has returned the URLs of OpenATV :-D back to its original state. So it works again with the string "/6/". But string "/6.2/" or "/6.3/" doesn't work. I don't know who is a nonplubic.space owner, but he has a mess or he is making fun of people.

-working: http://nonpublic.space/oea/6/mips32el/Packages.gz

-not working: http://nonpublic.space/oea/6.2/mips32el/Packages.gz

So again you can use the original IPK package for softcam-feed v3.

I also modified my script to work: https://github.com/s3n0/e2scri…ersal_3.0_setup_script.sh

//////// EDIT 14.05.2019:

And again it's old :-D. The number 6.2 and 6.3 in the URL feed address works, but number 6 does not work.

I edited my alternate installation script, to detect an online source - both 6 and 6.2 versions. If the feed URL link works, it will be used :). If the author of the feed server changes the URL folder again, you need to use the bash script again, which in turn verifies and modifies your feed URL source by the functional version (6 or 6.2 / 6.3).

• Hello

can I use this version on sh4 decoder ? (golden media triplex )

Try to install and see if there are any softcams on feed servers for your sh4 chipset. If not, uninstall this feed server (as an IPK package) again. It is simple.

However, some softcams certainly exist for all chipsets (for mipsel, for arm and even for the less popular sh4 chipset) in these versatile add-on feed servers.

• Try this in terminal in webif or putty

Code
    wget http://updates.mynonpublic.com/oea/feed -O - | /bin/sh

It doesn't give any echo commands but it should work once you have ran the command reboot box and see if you can see softcam in extensions. This command should remove any older cams to avoid confusion.

Once you install a cam reboot box then try menu, infopanel see if you can see softcam setup.

• zgemma h7s install softcam feed but not see on menu extensions

It's not extension, but as some as plugin package, so you can find a new feed (softcam downloading source) inside the Plugin-MENU -> Softcams.

After installing most ipk packages from feed server is neccessary to activate them via the MENU -> Info Panel -> Softcam. Select your softcam, press the green buttons to leave the Info Panel (to save all your changes) and reboot the set-top box.

If oscam remains inactive after rebooting the set-top box, you must verify the configuration files.

I personally always advise everyone to manually install Softcams. This does not cause problems of the type of inappropriate configuration, because the user is aware of the configuration files - ie. that they must be set and that they must be set correctly. If you use an IPK package, there are usually only defective or basic configuration files and may not always work.

• thank you for help OK, but I still can not choose another softcam form panel, I only see oscam in the panel and I can choose it, I install it from a different plugin.

Cccam is also installed but you can not see it from this panel ver.2

ac57474b9.jpg

• Hello s3n0,

I also think that installing manually is better, but sometimes the tar.bz or .rar contains only .bin files and if you haven't already one installed it's difficult to replace because the .emu file and the configuration files in /etc and /etc/tuxbox/ config or /usr/key are missing , so I think woul be good to have an example .emu file . The .ipk packets contains all this and are easier to install.

• Don't use softcam feed resources. Do not use IPK packages either. Use the manual softcam installation procedure.

Tutorial : How to install softcam (OSCam/CCCam) manually, if you hate ipk packages

In my opinion, every IPK is unreliable because every Enigma2 can behave a little differently with regard to softcam access. It is unfortunately not perfect. For example, an IPK package can work on 5 different Enigma distributions, but it may no longer work properly on OpenATV. Some softcams will only show up in the Info Panel and some softcams will show up in the Softcam Panel plugin. This SoftcamPanel plugin is also not perfect and contains some BUGs. Simply put it is chaos. I don't want to force you to use manual softcam installation, but I've only been using manual installation procedures for a long time (linux access).

You can never know what the IPK package will do, or for which Enigma2 distribution is primarily intended. Also some IPK packages will install an EMU file for Softcam Panel, but some use a different auto start than Softcam Panel. Some IPK packages also install the default configuration, which is often incorrect (unusable).

Write me on Skype if you believe me give me TeamViewer contact and I can look at it. Start by removing all the existing softcams. Maybe there is a problem with the fact that there are many softcams running at the same time (for example Cccam via SoftcamPanel and another Cccam via init.d script). I really don't know why, but it should work.

79c5f130674b653349c.jpg

91a61e030b4d64e0a.jpg

b39e10fef8f.jpg

fb728b685f5b6779d.jpg

In the OpenATV image, the Softcam Panel plugin appears in the MENU automatically after some "/etc/*.emu" files are found. In these files, a path to a particular softcam bin is specified, arguments to run the binaries, and thus a path to the configuration files can be spotted there.

• No, there is another problem, restarting set-top box did not help.

There is no choice at all to restart Cccam.

I added the "/etc/cccam.emu" file and Cccam is now starting normally through the Softcam Panel plugin.

However, configuration files are still needed.

• bronsky uses the softcam-feed extension v4.3, from this thread, installed through the IPK-installer.

Both Oscam + Cccam are installed from this feed source. Oscam is visible in the Softcam Panel, but Cccam doesn't. Cccam did not start either via "init.d" or any other way. The file "/etc/cccam.emu" does not exists, so I create it there (new one file).

bronsky wants to use two softcams simultaneously - Oscam + Cccam at the same time. Although I explained that it is better to use only one, ideally Oscam in which of course the cccam protocol works correctly.

• From a private message I've left out names as I don't want to publicly name them without permission.

So if using softcam panel probably best to avoid doing software updates as it's likely to cause problems

• That's not true. Both the Softcam Panel and the Info Panel are still present in the OpenATV source code. They are hidden here:

https://github.com/openatv/eni…gins/Extensions/Infopanel

If you open the "SoftcamPanel.py" file or the "plugin.py" file (alias Info Panel plugin) and find the text "emu" you will understand that it works as before. The only difference is that OpenATV does not officially support Softcams. However, hidden support is always there (as in all associated merged code on all Enigmas).

Also, the SoftcamPanel appears when some "/etc/*.emu" files that SoftcamPanel works with are found.

Besides, there is always the possibility to install an external SoftcamPanel plugin to any Enigma :) because it is an OPEN-SOURCE project. Even if OpenATV has definitively erased Softcams support (support for: UNI card readers, external online card readers, external USB card readers), there is still a possibility to install support later. In the worst case, you can start using another Enigma distribution. OpenATV creators know this very well. Removing Softcams support would halve OpenATV's popularity. Finally, there is always the option to install softcam manually (linux-free, without Enigma) + add the necessary modules and libraries to the system kernel.

Softcam Feeds Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for Softcam Feeds.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!