Backup reinstall problem

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 689 times. The last Post () by Evangilius.

• Hi , if someone can help me with my problem , this afternoon i made installation of openatv on my edision mio 4k, just before i made a backup on a usb device 32gb , i have a full backup on it but i am not able to reinstall what i have saved. Openatv takes all room in slot 1, there is nothing in slot 2-3-4, i want to return on my old configuration cause all the satellite on tuner A are not usefull for me in canada , my image was satdreamgr 6 with north american project , thank you for helping me if you can:smiling:

• Good morning , i have found the sat list range that i need on openatv mean 138*w to 72*, with that i am ok to stay with openatv ;) , what i know now , with theses two programs : This is a known issue with openatv 6.2 , if the files are bigger than approx 80 mb . i mean near impossible to replace ,add, restore, backup, but the program is very good without this issue, thank you for reading , thank you for this site, and have a nice day everyone .

• Open the backed up image (.tar.gz) and just copy the "config.Nims....." entries from the old file "/etc/enigma2/settings" to the new file (in your new installed image).

Tuner Config Files Enigma2

Also, copy the following files after the new installation:

"/etc/enigma2/lamedb" (database with all current channels, services, transponders)(old format - version 4, but still in use!)

"/etc/enigma2/lamedb5" (database with all current channels, services, transponders)(new format - version 5)

"/etc/tuxbox/satellites.xml" (database of all available satellites in the orbit)

Warning - if you want to change the "settings" or "lamedb" file, you must stop Enigma (for example, by using the "init 4" command in the Shell) because these files are in the RAM memory and are only stored on the disk sometimes - for example, when the Enigma is shut down or restarted. Therefore, you can only replace these files with new ones when Enigma is stopped.

If you only need a specific channel list, these are placed in the "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.*.tv" files. However, it is ideal to edit this "/etc/enigma2" folder with a program such as DreamboxEdit (a beautiful graphical interface designed primarily for editing channel lists but also for other purposes). Of course DreamboxEdit can edit the "/etc/enigma2" folder if you have it copied on your PC. DreamboxEdit can also upload or download channel lists to your set-top box (including all the files I mentioned: settings, lamedb, lamedb5, satellites.xml).

Edision OS Mio 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Multi-Stream H.265 HEVC Receiver UHD 2160p

Download Edision OS Mio 4K Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PurE2, SatDreamGR.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!