how to restart Cccam

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,272 times. The last Post () by ulucini.

• My box is vu+zero 4k . openpli 7.0

After lot of channesl freezing with oscam i tried cccam 2.3.2 (i don't see sky del!!!)

BUT I SEE THAT SOMETIME CCCAM STOP WORKING

How can i restart cccam in automatic when it stops?

i see it was possible with my old inetbox 500s enigma1.... is not possible with enigma 2 ? openpli 7.0?

Helppp please

Ciao

• Hello.

Try other cccam2.3.2 for your set-top box (certainly not all cccam2.3.2 binary files are the same). Try to play with the Cccam settings because freezing is not resolved by rebooting (not on the great Vu+ set-top box in combination with modern Enigma2 distributions).

Also in softcams is the ability to store Cccam LOG-records to a flash drive instead of to RAM memory. Then find out what caused your Cccam to freeze.

If you would like to restart Cccam, it would be best to do it with the help of the CRON scheduler and add a script to it every minute (* * * * * /etc/init.d/softcamchecking). In the script you can test whether the script is running. If you don't have a script, get some or write yourself :). For example:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh

if ps -C CCcam; then
        killall -9 CCcam
        /usr/bin/CCcam
    fi

If a "softcam.cccam" script already exists in the "/etc/init.d" folder, you can add it to the "check" argument with a new function and then call this script from CRON - for example, as "sh /etc/init.d/softcam.cccam check".

• really tanks

with cccam 2.3.2 channels are ok but this morning it was stopped

in init.d i founded softcam.CCcam

############################

#!/bin/sh

case "$1" in

start)

ulimit -s 1024

exec start-stop-daemon -S -x /usr/bin/CCcam

;;

stop)

exec start-stop-daemon -K -R 2 -x /usr/bin/CCcam

;;

restart|reload)

$0 stop

sleep 1

$0 start

;;

version)

echo "2.3.2"

;;

info)

echo "CCcam 2.3.2"

;;

*)

echo "Usage: $0 start|stop|restart"

exit 1

;;

esac

exit 0

##############################################

but when you says "you can add it to the "check" argument with a new function and then call this script from CRON - for example, as "sh /etc/init.d/softcam.cccam check"."

it's TOO MUCH COMPLICATED....

What have i to do to add thic check

i installeted crontab but i don't see where can i setting,,,,

tanks:crying1:

• Cccam doesn't need a start-stop-daemon tool or I'm wrong ? Maybe that's the cause of wreck the service. What exactly will happen if it freezes ? Cccam will stop working ? For example, you will verify it through cccam webif - http://ip-of-your-set-top-box:16001 .

To automatically cccam fall down detection + restarts:

1) add this code under the case "$1" in section in your "softcam.CCcam" bash-script file:

Code
    check)
        if ! ps -C CCcam; then $0 restart; fi
        ;;

2) add into the file "/etc/cron/crontabs/root", the following line:

* * * * *     sh /etc/init.d/softcam.CCcam check

(BTW, OpenPLi needs to install a CRON service if it has not been installed yet)

• - add into "/etc/cron/crontab/root" file the following line:

(OpenPLi needs to install a CRON service if it has not been installed yet)

i understood little....

from putty i see this.

########################################

root@vuzero4k:~# /etc/init.d/busybox-cron start

starting Busybox Periodic Command Scheduler: crond... /usr/sbin/crond is already running

######################################

i have /etc/cron/crontab/ directory ...but no root (is file or directory?

have i to create a "root" file?

in whic i 'll write " * * * * * sh /etc/init.d/softcam.CCam check

really tanks

• I wrote about the file:

2) add into the file "/etc/cron/crontabs/root", the following line:

* * * * *     sh /etc/init.d/softcam.CCcam check

(BTW, OpenPLi needs to install a CRON service if it has not been installed yet)

If the "/etc/cron/crontabs/root" file does not exists, create/change it by the following steps:

1) crontab -e command in the Shell to open the default user CRON configuration/script file

2) add the new one line mentioned before

3) exit the editor with saving the file

- for Nano editor press the keyboard shortcut CTRL + X and then press Y key and confirm the path and file name with ENTER key (it also doesn't matter that the location of the file is still in the temporary folder - so just confirm saving the file)

- for Vi editor write the following text on your keyboard :wq (write and quit) and then press ENTER key

4) restart the cron service with the following command: sh /etc/init.d/crond restart

• Yes, Oscam is much better and supports multiple protocols. Although Cccam also supports more communication protocols today, Oscam is still getting better. Oscam is on the way to great popularity. Oscam has very good support on the internet. I think the first one to fix the SKY DE packet error was just the developers of Oscam (since version 11517-11518).

• i returned

• OSCam r11518

with openvix firmware ... i see all channels freeze not only sky del

phareps is my configuration...or my client are bad?

my local is ok and my channels are good

i see somewhere backup image for vu zero 4k ..the problem are the leanguage (i'm italian) and setting ...(there is often not vhannibal.. i avet motor sat)

i'll try ...but i m reaaly demoralized

really tanks

• What do you mean by the "local" and the "your channel" ?

What about the language ? In the image backup ? Sorry, I don't understand you :-/.

• So apparently in the downloaded image is included Oscam older version ? What is the version of Oscam ?

Why do you need a BUG repair for Sky provider ? Is this satellite provider also in Italy ?

I think you need to change the configuration in Oscam in addition to the new version 11518 and later. I don't remember exactly, sorry. There is a special discussion thread about the Sky provider problem mentioned here somewhere.

• OSCam r11523-796 is the version ...i think one of the last (no load)
    • i have only to send in the correct directory my oscam file configuration(oscam.conf user . server ..) and now it's ok (...for the moment) l read discussion about sk* De but i really don't' know to correct.....
    • have good day
    • really tanks

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!