latest oscam for pi

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,596 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• daphney

Changed the title of the thread from “latest ocam for pi” to “latest oscam for pi”.
  • Don't you have the Internet on your Raspber ? Will you install each version from unknown people when you can have directly compiled code as needed for your Raspberry ? :) Downloading a binary file to a system that already has Oscam in feed sources... sorry... but it is embarrassment. Don't use binaries if you don't have to, because it's dangerous. I can also send to you a binary file, that is, compiled Oscam for Raspberry, but it will contain the code that will send your data to my server. How do you like it ? :)

Always use the option to update your own Oscam from a feed server or directly from the author's source code. In your own safety.

Binary startup files are just a supplement to the current Linux age. In Linux, where no anti-virus systems are popular yet, be careful what kind of binary and from whom you use (or what installation package you will use). Antivirus systems in Linux are not necessary because there is a presumption that a Linux user is actually also a good administrator of his system.

Again, whenever you can use a feed source in a full-featured Linux system (in Raspberry, for example), use it. It's definitely better than risking a potential virus.

Raspberry is full Linux, so use it !!! Otherwise, I recommend a Windows system or a stupid Android system.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!