Thinking of setting up separate ubunto ccam server - pro's and cons

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 626 times. The last Post () by deerhunter290378.

• ok so i have my oscam server running on ubuntu that feeds to ccam on my vu+ , thinking of running cccam on the server and putting all shares in that but i loose a hop instantly from my peers! (can fake local from oscam for my real local so thats fine) , does it just mean i need more shares for the cards i want with 1 reshare and just loose hop 2's and if so what are the advantages??? Really cant decide what to do!

also at the mo i have reshares F lines set 1 0 0 { 0:0:2 } and my c-lines { 0:0:2 }

will i need to change this for a server???

• I think you understand the pros and cons already, and yes you would be needing more shares if you ran CCcam on the server. I am assuming that at the moment you are using Oscam as the server, and you are sharing your card with Oscam and your shares go straight in the receiver? An advantage would be for your peers, as you will be able to share more with them. There are many ways you can have this set up, but so long as you understand the pros and cons of each, then you can make your own mind up! I live with losing the hop because it means I can mess with my receivers without shutting off my server, but I miss that hop and it is always tempting to go back to how I had it. The choice is yours!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• exactly that but most people get 2 lines 1 for direct oscam , one for multisat excluding my local for lower load on vu+ , i dont really mess with my receiver and i have a second feed from my motorised into another room so my hop 2 is an advantage but then again id just feed from the server!!! ooooh the decisions i have to make lol!!!

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!