i run oscam on pi but one problem..

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 862 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• i run oscam on pi but one problem.. cant port forwading on router. ISP tell not give give publick ip or static ip. plz help

• Official Post

Use a dynamic dns service.

7 of the Best Dynamic DNS Providers to Use for Free.

Your ISP will change your public ip address randomly, so you will need sync your dynamic hostname with some type of updater.

There is a few different ways to do this:

Add hostname details to your router, if possible.

Use an updater plugin that should be supplied by the dynamic dns service.

Google "How to Set up Dynamic DNS on Raspberry PI" for more guides and info.

• Or if you have at least one computer or router in the Internet (public) network, you can run OpenVPN-server on it. Then you connect with set-top boxes also with OpenVPN-client. These devices can then communicate over the virtual network so created.

• i noip install to pi its workin great... but still on problem port forwadin

• Sorry, but I still don't know what your ISP has to do with this.

1.) Port forwarding must be used on each connection node, that is, also on your WIFI router ... it serves to route network packets to the destination, through individual networking nodes

2.) The ideal way to connect multiple LANs over the Internet is to add them to OpenVPN but in this case there must be at least one OpenVPN server on the internet (public IP address) to which each device can then connect without problems ... these devices then communicate via VPN (Virtual-Private-Network over the internet -/or/- virtual LAN over the internet) - but at least basic knowledge of computer networking is required

3.) If your WiFi-router is connected directly to the internet and owns a public internet IP address, then just use the DynDNS, DDNS, DynamicDNS, or similar service called ... which is a service that is unfortunately usually charged - but not always, for example, ASUS company is adding to their own routers the possibility of a free "DDNS account". This way you always connect only to the hostname (to the DDNS name in the internet) and this DDNS service, since your internet IP address assigned by the provider for your router can change at any time, so this DDNS redirects the requests always to your router's IP address, after changing it. This is provided by the DDNS service on the router, which constantly communicates and always re-registers your router's new IP address on the internet. You always use the DDNS hostname in the internet, instead of the dynamic IP address of the router (which always directs the communication to your router).

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!