Stuck on boot - Help!

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,810 times. The last Post () by Deejayhallam.

• I have gone and buggered my H7.

I was having issues swopping to the other images (via red button - Multiboot). For some reason it would always boot into OpenATV 6.3

so I inadvertently DELETED what was in STARTUP so it was blank. and then.......ReBooted

NOW stuck on "boot" Arhhhhhh

I have tried 2 usbs and dozens of times pressing everything!!

Please help:)

Many thanks:thumbup::thumbup:

• I don't know the H7 set-top box well, but you have to write what kind of multiboot did it use (is it an OpenMultiboot plugin or another type of boot?).

If the terminal connection (telnet / ssh) and also the FTP connection to the set-top box do not work, then only the flashing a new firmware in the internal flash will rescue you.

If flashing doesn't work, then if the device has a serial RS-232 interface, you have to use it to diagnose the error.

If it is possible to connect via the terminal (telnet / ssh) to the set top box, then the current firmware can be saved (by removing the problem).

• You could also try using an older flash image than the ones you have been using I found that worked..

• For the record, this was my advice, on PM...

I can only think of taking all the SATA, mSD and USB devices out of it, remove LAN cable, smartcard, coaxial (terrestrial/cable or satellite) cables - remove everything attached to it.

Leave it totally unplugged from the socket for half an hour or so, to empty the RAM...

Get a PurE2 image (BUT only 2 partitions) v. 6.3 (and try the usual flashing) here: http://www.pur-e2.club/OU/images/index.p…H7-2partitions/

Unpack it directly to a smaller USB, up to 8GB, FAT32, nothing else on it!

Rename 'noforce' file to 'force' (delete NO at the beginning and press ENTER on your keyboard).

Eject it properly from your Windows (or Linux) machine, but do it right! Flash your Zgemma H7...

Good luck!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!