How to change external subtitles font?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,144 times. The last Post () by bestman22.

• skin.xml

<subtitles>

<sub font="Regular;35" name="Subtitle_TTX" shadowColor="shadow" shadowOffset="3,3" />

<sub font="Regular;35" foregroundColor="grey" name="Subtitle_Regular" shadowColor="shadow" shadowOffset="3,3" />

<sub font="Replacement;35" foregroundColor="grey" name="Subtitle_Bold" shadowColor="shadow" shadowOffset="3,3" />

<sub font="Regular;35" foregroundColor="orange" name="Subtitle_Italic" shadowColor="shadow" shadowOffset="3,3" />

</subtitles>

that is using Regular as the font.

Regular is defined in the <font> section

<font filename="EkselanceXE/fonts/Style1.ttf" name="Regular" scale="100" />

0696f5fbf9780d1ae.png

then strangely it is using Replacement font for bold.

<font filename="ae_AlMateen.ttf" name="Replacement" replacement="1" scale="100" />

cd5280.png

basically the skinner is having a mare.

Just delete that entire <subtitles> section out of the skin.xml then it will use the default fonts for subtitles.

Then also add back into the <font> section

<font name="Subtitlefont" filename="/usr/share/fonts/nmsbd.ttf" scale="90"/>

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Thank you, but unfortunately didn't work.

<font filename="lcd.ttf" name="LCD" scale="100" />

<font filename="ae_AlMateen.ttf" name="Replacement" replacement="1" scale="100" />

<font filename="tuxtxt.ttf" name="Console" scale="100" />

<font filename="EkselanceXE/fonts/Style1.ttf" name="Regular" scale="100" />

<font filename="EkselanceXE/fonts/Style2.ttf" name="Regular2" scale="100" />

<font filename="EkselanceXE/fonts/Style3.ttf" name="Regular3" scale="100" />

<font filename="EkselanceXE/fonts/Style4.ttf" name="Regular4" scale="100" />

<font filename="EkselanceXE/fonts/Style5.ttf" name="Regular5" scale="100" />

<font filename="EkselanceXE/fonts/Style6.ttf" name="Regular6" scale="100" />

<font name="Subtitlefont" filename="/usr/share/fonts/nmsbd.ttf" scale="90"/>b5f95692fd181562d73b466.jpg

• Thank you so much, KiddaC.

The problem actually with Arabic subtitles and Any Arabic words as in EPG or Channel list for example.

As when I go here to change subtitles font, it changes with no problem but only for English subtitles and NOT for Arabic. The font remains as it is whatever font I use.

So what I want to know is why the English fonts can be changed very easily, whereas it's impossible with the Arabic ones.

To be more specific I want this font ae_AlMateen.ttf for example to be for any Arabic on my image and skin. And this font nmsbd.ttf to be for any English.

• if you change your system language to arabic, you should see it display some arabic text in your menus. As the replacement font is set correctly in that skin.

But you need to understand how translations work. Every screen/plugin needs the PO language files that lists the alternative language words.

Epg is pulled normally from Rytec or IPTV provider. This will be in English and doesn't get translated on the fly. There are old plugins like youtube epg translator that will translate epg via Google translate.

As for subtitles dont know exactly how that works but in the main settings there should be settings to change audio and subtitles primary languages. Never changed them so cant be if any more assistance there. Especially as i have never used openpli which is totally different than most builds i use.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• See here how the ae-AlMateen.ttf is used in the Arabic content.

2fcfea.jpg

And in the subtitles as you see.

0164ec39438b26ab77db877d9.jpg

So what makes this plugin (TSMedia) able to do that change in the Arabic font?

And why one can't get a permanent solution to this problem?

VU+ Zero 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!