Edited channels revert to previous name

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,539 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• I edit some channel names with Dreamset and they load up ok on my TV but when I go to that channel the name reverts back to the original name.

Are there any settings that I can use to keep the edited names ?

Thank you .

• Edit your channel names via the channel select screen then.

Press TV button on your remote.

Enter a bouquet

Press Menu

(2) Rename Entry

Note if you have autobouquetmaker running this will probably override any name changes when it does an update.

Recommend turning off auotbouquetmaker and doing a manual scan periodically.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Hi ferez,

I have an sf8008, what you need to do is go into menu:

Menu/Setup/User interface/Customize

then scroll down to:

Disable background scanning

Change/Set this to yes

This should stop the sf8008 from reverting your rename back to the original name

GOOD LUCK...!!!!

Al

• Cheers voomvoom, I have done that, many thanks.

I have had my SF8008 for about 6 weeks now but innthe last week it has stopped booting up at 49% and I have had to reinstall everything again. Have you had this problem?

• a box stopping at 49% is usually a skin error.

Go into menu... system..log settings

enable debug logs... yes

handle python crashes... no

crash at skin error for debug reasons? no

Then next time your box gets stuck

ftp into your box (ask if you don't know how to do that)

and your last debug/crash logs live in

/home/root/logs

from the last log, you should be able to see what caused the boot loop.

Fix the error or delete the skin and you will come out of the bootloop. No need to reflash.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Cheers voomvoom, I have done that, many thanks.

I have had my SF8008 for about 6 weeks now but innthe last week it has stopped booting up at 49% and I have had to reinstall everything again. Have you had this problem?

I have been using enigma2 receivers for a few years and had the name change happen often in the past. Some time back someone shared with me what to do about it, and it worked. So now if I can help someone by passing that info along, then here is my chance.

I have not had any boot problem (yet) with the sf8008. I have had boot problems with other enigma2 receivers (AZBoxMe and Icecrypt 3750). I have always just installed a new image to fix it. Now, thanks to what Kiddac has posted, I have something new to try, if I run into a similar problem. I should say, the next time I get a similar problem. I'm sure it's just around the corner?

Thanks!

Al

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!