Virgin Media anti-cs

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 931 times. The last Post () by car123.

• It looks like VM have started turning off premium channels now so it looks like its just a matter of time for the others to go.

As of today it seems all sd sky sports are now working solely in v6 or tivo boxes.

Sky sports news and ss mix hd are still available at present, sky sports Football HD has also returned for the time being,,ss football HD returning is a blip on VM,s part and will likely be removed again soon.

Was always on the cards pardon the pun, just thought i would let you all know.

• Its nothing sinister.

Its been in the pipeline for months. Vermin are just getting rid of all SD Channels that also have HD counterparts. SD movies have already gone from this morning too. But this was planned. Its just unfortunate that we cannot open the HD counterparts for sports because they switched to 1850 at the beginning of the year. But HD movies will still be ok for now. It wont be long before all other SD channels that have HD counterparts will be gone too.

Its just about freeing up space to improve signal but also to launch some new Cable exclusive channels as well.

IPTV for the Sky Sports Channels has been the only way to go anyway since the Vermin HD sports switched to 1850, because the SD versions were appalling quality, I'm quite sure they reduced the SD quality as much as was humanly possible anyway. I never touched them because of this. I found them useless.

Ian.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!