USALS bug?

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 713 times. The last Post () by voyger.

• I've just got my Dreambox One UHD. Great box! But something I find puzzling ...

Before my Dreambox was delivered, I set up a motorised dish using a satellite finder that has USALS output. I entered my exact Lat & Long into the satellite finder, and am happy that the dish is tracking well, with the satellite finder being able to lock onto all the satellites available from my location (South of England, UK).

Eager to try the Dreambox as soon as it arrived, I set its tuner USALS positioner with a close approximate Lat & Long as I did not recall the exact figures. In retrospect this was fortunate. The Dreambox worked well, moving the dish to each satellite & allowing me to download the provider lists from each one (which also confirmed they were the correct satellites).

HOWEVER - after playing with the Dreambox for a while, and confirming that it was changing the dish to the satellite selected & receiving solid, error-free channels, I decided for accuracy I would change the latitude & longitude to my exact location rather than the approximate one I used initially. The difference is very small - the approximate location I had used (and which works) is 51.000° N 0.000° E. My more accurate position is 50.774° N 0.101° E But after changing, the Dreambox no longer drove the dish to anywhere near the correct place, and I could no longer receive any satellites. Changing the longitude back to 0.000 made it all work again. Put back the accurate longitude and it doesn't track. There is no way that a longitude difference of 0.1 degrees should alter the dish position so much that satellites can no longer be received ... plus the dish was originally set up using the accurate figures in the satellite finder, so if anything the error should be the other way around.

I'll do some more investigating, but I suspect that there's a bug in the Dreambox USAL calculator.

• Ciao, ho provato in tutti i modi ma non sono riuscito a fare muovere il Motore.

Io vorrei tanto sapere come faccio ad attivare il mio motore nuovo USALS, con questo DreamBox, ho impostato tutto il credo come si deve, o messo Lat. e Longitudine, il mio motore non si muove, non arriva la tensione, per muoverlo.

Ho provato a collegare il motore a un altro decoder, AMICO A5, e tutto funziona alla grande, pero, lo presso per il DREAMBOX.

Non ho trovato nessun tutorial che mi dice come fare.

Se per caso sei cosi gentile di dirmi come fare il Setup Motore .io ti sarei molto grato.

• hi have you try it satlodge image for dreamone is great image and easy to config

I live as well in south England

got this motor configuration work very well if you want to try it look the picture

c45655a.png

voyger.: A Person with no imagination his a person with no wing."

voyger.:"never make a arguement with an idiot. It will drags you to its own level,and then he will strikes you with His experience."

• ma te vivii in italia o in ingliterra ?

le mie config sono per ingliterra se vivi in italia devi guardare la tua posizione

longitude e latitude saranno differenti se vuoi provare se il motore va vai su position setup e pressa il bottoncino rosso per fare muovere il motore

e guardi se il motore si e spostato se si e spostato vuoldire che il motore funziona

che image ai momtato sul tuo box ?

con questo tuo dire (Bagajer " Se devo parlare con degli Imbecilli, preferisco morire di solitudine "

puo essere che davvero morirai di solitudne LOL

voyger.: A Person with no imagination his a person with no wing."

voyger.:"never make a arguement with an idiot. It will drags you to its own level,and then he will strikes you with His experience."

• master G

Added the Label Dish & Motor Support

Dreambox One 4K UHD 2160p H.265 Enigma2 Linux Android Dual Wifi DVB-S2X MIS Satellite Receiver.

Download DreamOne Dreambox One 4K UHD Android CoreELEC, DreamOS Firmware and Enigma2 Images. Team Support from DemoniSat - Dream-Elite - Gemini Project GP4 - Merlin Project - NewNigma2 - Peter Pan Neverland - OpenBh - OpenPLi Japhar - OpenATV - OpenVision - PurE2 - SatLodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!