NDS: card initializing error

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,844 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• Hello,

I'm trying to get an N*S card working with OSCam: 1.20_svn Build: r11518 Compiler: mipsel-oe-linux. The initialization fails with error "card system not supported".

Reader looks like this:

Here is a log with debug level 0:

I've tried quite a few configuration changes already, though none has worked yet. Any pointers as to where things might be going wrong? Can this be a frequency/timing issue?

Cheers!

• Hello.

Probably the satellite card is inserted in the universal reader incorrectly ?

Try to insert the card with the chip down / up and also with the chip in front / back. This may require a restart of the set-top box. Ideally, the satellite card should be inserted with the device turned off ! This avoids possible problems with card-reader damaging on cheaper set-top boxes.

• Thanks for the reply s3n0. Unfortunately it's not the card placement causing this. Apparently my N*S card does not (yet) work with OScam. I'm trying to gather information regarding adding the support. But it is difficult to get help thanks to people making money off this and keeping things secret.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions. Cheers!

• You sure? What you sent above is displayed in the LOG when the satellite card is in the reader, but the ATR string is not read from your card. That is why I thought it might be a similar problem. Oscam must retrieve your card info (ATR string), but it has not read anything. The reader is also functional according to LOG records.

You probably need the keys to a functional Oscam-Emu. It may be necessary to pair new NDS cards with the device. I really do not know. But the card should answer - at least what kind of satellite card (pass the ATR string).

We don't even know which CAID you have in your satellite card. Without these data, communication with the card is not possible. The card must provide it and should be visible in the Oscam LOG.

Try it with "boxid" and "ins7e11" entries, like this:

(unfortunately, I don't know your provider's CAID because you didn't list it and it wasn't read from your satellite card with the help of Oscam)

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!