Help choosing first sat device

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 663 times. The last Post () by world-of-satellite.co.uk.

• Hi guys,

I'm a completely new to this world however I did a bit of researches and know linux very well so I hope to be able to catchup real quickly.

currently I have an old Sat Dish and a cable... apparently my dish is pointed towards hotbird 13E (it used to used for sky Italia at least 9 years ago)

heres what I'm seeking to achieve:

1. watch Italian channels (getting tivusat card)

2. watch english channels

3. be able to watch TV remotely when I'm overseas

4. 4k or 1080p depending of the price difference

5. Terrestrial combo?

I had a look at the

• zgemma h7s 4k
    • tbs-5520
    • and various PCIE-CARDS

I'm leaning towards zgemma for smart card support (unless there is a way to emulate a smart card in linux to use the tivusat card)

will the zgemma h7s 4k work for what I'm down for?

cheers

• Do you have a Tivusat smartcard? If so you'll need to setup OScam softcam to read the Tivusat card using a H7S unless you can find a standard CI cam for your Tivusat card, not CI+.

If you want to watch UK Freesat you'll need another dish or LNB pointing towards Astra 28.2.

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

• One of our best sellers, excellent value for money. WiFi is 2.4G.

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!