Mgcamd does not start

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,577 times. The last Post () by narso.

• Afternoon , as a debutant for the past two days i have been reading most of the post associated to my issues but still no solution..

the box is zgemma H9 Combo on openTV6.3 i received a CWS line that i zilla in usr/keys folder (the folder was empty)

but each softcam, mgcamd, that i have download from the forum does not install in the plugins area so i do not know how to start them ?

(ther is no softcam in the info panel either,) should i reflash the box?

thank you in advance for your assistance:unhappy:

• I'm really not an mgcamd expert and I'm the wrong person to answer your question, but some say that mgcamd works fine on pure2. Perhaps you could copy the bins and settings to atv ?

• narso:

Since 2019, OpenATV has been using the new and only one way to launch Softcams. OpenATV no longer uses "/etc/*.emu" files to run and support Softcams. This means that older IPK packages will not work. Now the start script must be placed in the "/etc/init.d" folder and named as "softcam.<your_softcam_name>", so for your mgcamd this will be named as follows: "/etc/init.d/softcam.mgcamd".

I recommend installing a new Softcam feed with OpenATV installation packages in OpenATV, as the old feed sources already use many unusable OpenATV IPK packages.

This feed extension is very good for OpenATV (it will show up between plugins after installing and restarting):

OpenATV SoftCam Feed

In this forum thread, I recommend using the first procedure, using Shell / command-line (using "wget" command), to install an additional softcam-feed in OpenATV.

Then restart the set-top box and the Softcams item will also appear in the Plugins-MENU. After you have installed a Softcam (mgcamd), the SoftcamPanel is also displayed. So install Mgcamd and then activate it via SoftcamPanel.

• thanks you s3n0 for the reply, i have follow the tutorial, putty onto the box , follow all the step but the channels are not clearing i am using vm and enigma2-plugin-softcams-linuxsat-mgcamd-1.45a_openatv_mips32el...

• You have installed a softcam-feed source. You have installed a softcam - via Plugin MENU (or opkg manager). You activated it. OK.

But I can't give you the Mgcamd configuration or give you advice. :) As I wrote above so unfortunately I do not know Mgcamd, sorry, so I can not advise well.

Version 1.45 didn't work very well for me. I tested Mgcamd about six months ago. The old version 1.38 worked well for me. Also on a set top box with chipset architecture like you, ie. mipsel. Unfortunately, version 1.45 may include some fixes and without it some satellite cards in older version 1.38 may no longer work properly (maybe some troubles with the SKY DE provider). I do not know whether in version 1.38 developers are fixing bugs or only in the new version 1.45. For me, however, the 1.45 version was a problem (mipsel chipset). Maybe I just had the wrong configuration - I don't know.

Apropó, why do you use Mgcamd ? The most popular is Oscam (multi-protocol softcam). It is both client and server in one. However, it is a bit more difficult to configure.

• Perhaps there is a wrong config in version 1.38 (for example, only the default one, where the file extension is not renamed or where the box-type entry for Enigma is also missing). Copy the configuration files from 1.45a to 1.38 :). You can find the mgcamd configuration files in the "/usr/keys" folder (or "/var/keys").

Also please check this:

MGCamd Config for connecting to CCcam and Newcamd

Especially don't forget to enable the AU {01} and change the box type to Enigma {06} or auto-detection {00}. Also check other mgcamd configuration settings to be sure.

• Also please check this:

MGCamd Config for connecting to CCcam and Newcamd

Especially don't forget to enable the AU {01} and change the box type to Enigma {06} or auto-detection {00}. Also check other mgcamd configuration settings to be sure.

many thanks s3n0, now i understand why some admin does bother reply to queries like mine....everything can be found in the links that you provided, i have learned so much even understand some of the config files.

my only pb has to be the line itself is there a way i can test a cws line online to see if it is working?

• I dont understand the question. CWs lines ? What do you mean ? If you want to check the LOG, I don't know how to do it in Mgcamd (you can find how-to on Google). Unfortunately, as I wrote above, I don't know Mgcamd because I don't use it. I see no reason to use it. Mgcamd doesn't know many features. I always use Oscam, in which I can set up more things than Mgcamd. Of course in Oscam is also very nice LOG record (adjustable as a file or only in Oscam Webif /Web-GUI/ ).

• It is okay s3n0, the line was doggy got another one, works straight away, i would like to thank you for taking the time to share your skills.

thanks again

now i will take time to learn how oscam works. have a good one

MGCamd Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for MGCamd Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!