Edision Piccollo LAN streaming

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 965 times. The last Post () by Lasersat.

• Hello,

Can someone who owns or have used Edision Piccollo (CI+ supported) confirm the following: Does it have an option to stream a TV channel over LAN? I want to watch TV channels on laptop while the box is placed in another room.

Cheers!

• I have an Amiko HD8260+ which I think it's the same as Edision Piccollo, as I am running a Piccollo 3 in 1 image on it (the actual manufacturer is Ali something), it has WebTVserver which IMO is better or at least more flexible than Big2small (limited to receiving on android only although a freeware sat2ip program exists for windows).

It allows to view the same channel on TV/HDMI out and transmit over network, while big2small doesn't allow viewing on TV while transmitting. It has a web interface but you can also open the current channel on http://yourboxesip/0002.ts in VLC for example. Using Linux add "-reconnect_streamed 1" to VLC ffmpeg options or directly open with ffplay, otherwise the channel drops easily.

Regarding scrambled channels I think they don't work over webtvserver.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!