Chocholousek Picons updater (Enigma2 plugin)

There are 411 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 76,930 times. The last Post () by hatters1976.

• Hmm... no such file or directory ?

Unfortunately I don't know well the "dpkg" package manager (enigma core OE 2.2+), but I only know the "opkg" package manager (enigma core OE 1.6 / 2.0 or derived OE-Alliance Group).

There were similar problems before. Uninstall and install problem. Some CONTROL / DEBIAN scripts in the case of the "dpkg" manager probably also need delivery parameters, because they behave slightly differently than in the case of the older "opkg" manager. A similar problem has already been seen with regard to installing and reinstalling the plugin on the OE 2.5 core. You probably have an even newer core (since you're using the latest Dreambox genuine firmware). That's why I tried to solve this by gradually uninstalling and then reinstalling it: https://github.com/s3n0/e2plug…icons/src/plugin.py#L1057

Of course I have already treated it in CONTROL / DEBIAN scripts, as someone advised me above - since I do not know well "dpkg" package manager. I do not own any set-top box with OE 2.2 or 2.5 and higher (for a testing purpose).

It is also possible that you were using an older version of the ".deb" plugin package, which used old scripts and maybe they failed the installation. I hope it will be OK from now on. If not, then write about the problem again ;-).

• Hi, I installed this great plugin on two DM Ones, both with Dream-Elite 7.0 on DreamOS OE 2.6.

When I open the plugin and want to update the plugin or the picons I get a message about missing 7-zip achiver on both. (See attached image).

linuxsat-support.com/cms/attachment/141411/

I then click OK on Yes and I get a new error. (See second attached image).

585cf2d152f4854df1f75.png

I understand that 7-zip is missing in my image and that I can find it (?) at https://github.com/s3n0/e2plug…er/ChocholousekPicons/7za I believe I should get the file called 7za_aarch64.

My question is related to how I install this file to my image. Can anybody explain this to me?

Thank you for all help :-)

• Hi.

Yes exactly. The p7zip-full package is required (picon archive files are in 7zip format).

Unfortunately, I do not own any Dreambox, so... I cannot debug it myself at home (of course - using Enigma such as Dream Elite 7 or DreamOS). So, please, is there any debug-LOG for me ? :-) I don't know if it's possible or how to debug your Enigma. I don't know exactly what the problem is to fix it. I have no idea where exactly there is a problem with installing a p7zip.....deb package from a feed or 7za binary file from the internet. I need to see some debug LOG from your Enigma.

In both cases, is it Aarch64 Enigma ? You can try to download and place the 7za binary files manually and test its functionality:

Code
    wget --no-check-certificate -O /usr/bin/7za "https://github.com/s3n0/e2plugins/raw/master/ChocholousekPicons/7za/7za_aarch64"
    chmod a+x /usr/bin/7za
    /usr/bin/7za          # test the executable binary file

However, this should be done by the plugin itself - unless the "p7zip-full" package was found on the Enigma feed: https://github.com/s3n0/e2plug…Picons/src/plugin.py#L522

I don't know if the "/usr/bin" folder is correct in the new Enigmas, but I hope so ;-).

• Hi,

So the wget command doesn't work on DM One. I get the following error;

wget --no-check-certificate -O /usr/bin/7za "https://github.com/s3n0/e2plugins/raw/master/ChocholousekPicons/7za/7za_aarch64"

Connecting to github.com (140.82.118.4:443)

wget: error getting response

BTW. The wget command works on my dm520hd with NewNigma image on it.

So therefore I downloaded the file 7za_aarch64 manually and moved it to the DM One using ftp to the folder /usr/bin. (Yes, there is a folder called /usr/bin on it).

I then executed the command chmod a+x /usr/bin/7za_aarch64 (doesn't work with only (...)/7za).

I then write /usr/bin/7za_aarch64 (doesn't work with only (...)/7za).

The response is then;

"7-Zip (a) [64] 16.02 : Copyright (c) 1999-2016 Igor Pavlov : 2016-05-21

p7zip Version 16.02 (locale=C,Utf16=off,HugeFiles=on,64 bits,6 CPUs LE)

Usage: 7za <command> [<switches>...] <archive_name> [<file_names>...]

[<@listfiles...>]

<Commands>

a : Add files to archive

b : Benchmark

(...)"

What to do next?

I don't know where I can find any debug log for Dream Elite. Is there one for the plugin itself?

Do you want me to ask in the Dream Elite Forum about this.

It also seems that the p7zip-full package is not on the Enigma feed for Dream Elite / DM One. Should I ask about this on the Dream Elite forum?

Thank you.

• Hi, thanks again for reporting and testing...

That's all ... if the "7za" binary executable file works in your Shell ... you are done. Rename "7za_aarch64" to "7za": mv /usr/bin/7za_aarch64 /usr/bin/7za. The plugin should work.

I would be more interested in the DEBUG-LOG from your Enigma :). Otherwise I will not find the error and solve it.

In the first case, I wonder why he couldn't connect "wget" to "github.com". Perhaps the new version of "wget" used in your image does not allow connection with the argument "--no-check-certificate" ? Or maybe there is a SSL problem ?

In the latter case, it is strange that the manual procedure for downloading the "7za" binary file and its test worked correctly. Not in the plugin algorithm.

Try looking for a different package name. Maybe another "7zip" package in DreamElite is used ... I don't know hm. Maybe 7zip is included in another package (for example, "compress-tools" or something similar). For example:

Code
    dpkg -l 7zip
    dpkg -l compress
    dpkg -l archivator

Or if you have free time and if you have Skype, you can write me and we can test this way :). Either you give me TeamViewer remotely if you trust me, or you just test a few things for me :). I don't own DreamElite or DreamOS ... unfortunately :(.

• Hi, no problem :-)

Renamed and it's now working. However I only get 16 picons downloaded. With the same setup on a Dreambox with OE 2.5 i get them all.

I tried wget earlier without "--no-check-certificate" as well, but same error occurred.

I'll be more than happy to help out over Skype / Teamviewer. I'll send you my Skype username in a PM.

• Hi all, just a small update for those of you following this thread.

s3n0 and I have been working together to recreate the bugs this afternoon. We agreed that he will send me some new code for me to test out when he's finished with the new code.

Status at my side.

a) Device #1 DM One with OE 2.6.

a1) Bug. wget to download the plugin is not working - bug recreated.

a2) Bug. installing 7zip not working - bug recreated.

a3) Bug (?) Only a small number of picons updated (about 18) - bug recreated. Could be problem with the boquets (?)

b) Device #2 DM dm520hd with OE 2.5

Everything is working fine on this box. Using exactly the same boquets as device #1 and all the picons are downloaded. No problem with installing and using the plugin.

c) Device #3 DM dm800hdse with OE 2.0.

c1) Bug. wget to download the plugin is not working.

c2) Bug. When starting the plugin -> green error screen. Log sent to s3no. It is a problem with font and skin.

That's all for now. Stay safe everybody.

• But there is already a .deb package with the ChocholousekPicons plugin and not just the .ipk package. The chipset / architecture detection is not working well. But I improved it a bit and changed the architecture detection priorities, so it should work correctly.

You mean "p7zip" installation package? If you want to use the full version of the 7-zip archiver in Enigma, unfortunately there are some dependencies on the modules / libraries in the system.

Since I do not own any Enigma based on core OE 2.2 and higher, I cannot even create a functional .deb package p7zip full. The binary "7za" is not enough ? It is a stand-alone version and contains a lot of features like the original "7z". For example, the stand-alone version "7za" lacks support for combining libraries ("ar" format). But it's a fully functional version.

----------------

Added Polish language.

Improved algorithm for detecting chipset architecture aarch64 / arm64 (debugged on the Enigma core - OE 2.6), thx to alexbore.

Accepting sym-links to 7-zip executable file.

Changed Enigma core detection method - instead of detecting the Enigma core version, only the type of core will be detected (used for skin modification and timer function).

• This is a bit complicated, as I said. It depends on the dependencies of the particular binary. Usually the "7za" full version of 7zip handles many features and therefore requires a lot of modules and libraries from the system. While the stand-alone version of "7z" does not need any modules, and if so, it will do the minimum of dependencies you will find in the Enigma. What is the full 7zip version for when the stand-alone "7za" is good?

Each Enigma distribution and each version of the Enigma core needs different libraries. You need a specific .deb package for a particular Enigma. Of course, you can also try to download and use a .deb package from another Enigma with the OE 2.5+ core and install it in your Enigma, but there will probably be some additions missing, and it's also a problem to get the installer because it's not free.

• Update. Tested on version 2.0.200410.

a) Device #1 DM One with OE 2.6.

a1) Bug. wget to download the plugin is still not working.

a2) Fixed.

a3) Fixed.

c) Device #3 DM dm800hdse with OE 2.0.

c1) Bug. wget to download the plugin is still not working.

c2) Bug. When starting the plugin -> again green error screen.

• alexbore:

I do not use wget for a long time in the plugin algorithm for downloading files from the Internet. There is used the "urllib2" python module, I mentioned it on Skype. Wget is only used to test SSL functionality in Enigma. There are sometimes problems with this SSL - especially in the case of your Enigma, which unfortunately uses the ordinary wget contained in BusyBox, which is a cropped version. This cropped wget has little or no support for SSL (HTTPS). SSL issues are already resolved in the plugin because I use two mirror servers even without SSL (i.e. HTTP mirror if HTTPS failed). As for downloading picon archives from drive.google, it should work as well (I don't have it verified because I don't own the OE 2.5+ core enigma). Unfortunately.

There was a different problem with device # 3 DM dm800hdse with OE 2.0. I mean the Green-Screen-Of-Death. There was a FONT problem right in the "configList" widget (a different config Screen class and its methods). Unfortunately, the new Enigma kernels - in your case, the new OE2.0 kernel in the NewEnigma2 image, cannot use the same font setup method as the old open-source OE 2.0 kernel. The problem was in detecting the kernel, but that should be resolved.

I think you have my code left in the plugin folder for testing. This is a mistake because it will not be overwritten by the new version from the Internet during the update. So even if you see the new version number of the plugin, you still have the source code of the older version and it takes precedence (the .pyo code is overwritten when you restart the Enigma with the .py source code). The solution is to delete the entire plugin or uninstall it. For sure, also delete the contents of the plugin folder. Then reinstall the plugin. I wrote to you on Skype today, but you didn't answer ... you probably have a lot of work to do :-/. Can you please send a new crash-log file? I'll be grateful. :) However, this will probably be the problem I just mentioned.

• Official Post

NEW Update

chocholousek-picons_2.0.200412

-Fixed a problem on image DreamboxOS 4.3.2 / core OE 2.5 with a 7-zip archiver problem that did not extract files due to a malfunctioning wildcard convention "*.png".

• wget was tried from CLI on the box :-)

I removed the pluging and deleted everything in the folder and installed it from scratch. Things are improving, but it still crashes :-(

Yesterday I did the same and installed the latest version (ver 2.0.200412).

Tried everything just now.

Picon folder -> Nothing happens when i click OK on my remote. Arrow left or right doesn't help.

Picon update method -> Nothing happens when i click OK on my remote. Arrow left or right doesn't help.

Satellite positions -> When i click OK on my remote i come to a new screen. Onlu option is to click green button for Apply. Brings me back to first page. Arrow left or right doesn't help.

Picon resolutions -> Nothing happens when i click OK on my remote. Arrow left or right changes the resolution of the picons. I think this works as it should.

Picon background -> Nothing happens when i click OK on my remote. Arrow left or right changes the background of the picons. I think this works as it should.

Red button -> Exit. Works.

Green button -> Save & Exit. Works.

Yellow button -> Update plugin. GIves me information that plugin version is up to date.

Blue button -> Update picons. New screen comes up and says Log -> Then it crashes. Crashlog is attached.

• Hi.

I either need to own a physical set-top-box with the same Enigma you use at home (dm800se with NewEnigma2), or I need to see a real debug-log (not crash-log) from your Enigma, i.e. what exactly happens in it when you press the RCU buttons. Otherwise I can't help you. This is a specific problem, because on many cores of the new Enigma (OE2.5+), everything works fine.

Blue button (updating your picons) - will not work because it is very complicated to do. There is some problem with running a single thread in conjunction with Enigma timers. It works everywhere, but not in your case (even if I use the new method for new cores of new Enigies). I would have to rework the whole algorithm again. Or at least debug this mistake as I mentioned above (ie if I owned dm800se with NewEnigma2 and if I played with it for a few days at home).

Picon folder - do not press the OK button! The OK button should not work at all. Only in the case of the "user defined folder" selection and only for some Enigma distributions, the directory browser will also open automatically (not every Config-module in each Enigma, this unfortunately has a functional one).

Update method + Picon folder after pressing the left / right arrow on the RCU - these things are a mystery for me. I would need a debug-log (not a crash-log).

You don't have to write what works again and again! You create such incredible chaos. The discussion is then very difficult to read. Please always write only what does not work exactly. But as I said, it won't work without a real debug-log.

I don't know NewEnigma2 very well. I don't know how to create a debug-log to a file ... maybe like this ?

journalctl -f -u enigma2 >> /tmp/journal.log

... or :

journalctl -f >> /tmp/journal.log

... or :

journalctl -f -o verbose >> /tmp/journal.log (more detailed ?)

This debug-log may also contain private data (login, password, IP address). It is better to send me the created "journal" to a private message or to Skype.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!