Updating oscam in bin format. What file do I need ?

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 769 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• :good-evening:

I have my first VU+ Zero 4K. With OpenPli 7.1 and have installed latest Oscam in ipk format.

I want to upgrade from now on using the bin file.

But I don't know what file I must download.

There seems to be so many different versions.

(mipsel / arm /armv8 / ...) This is all new to me.

Can you point me in the right direction please ?

When I have the file, I just upload it to: /usr/bin folder

Or must I overwrite a file ?

Thank you

• i use oscam ...arm or ...armV_7 on my zero4k.

note: latest version 11568 has an issue with losing sound when changing channels. 11566 is ok.

NIHIL SINE DEO !

• Yes, that's why I'm installing to much IPK files. I will do that still from time to time, but not daily anymore

That's why I wanna learn about these BIN files.
    Wich one is correct for me please ???

The ARM zip file ??? Ok, and after that ? Send the new version to the /usr/bin folder

Just like that ? Is there no file I must overwrite ?? How is it called ??

I'm thanking you so much !!! M8 !! This is a great forum !!
    You don't know how happy you make this newbie !!

As you see, I'm learning !! Even the guide, I didn't understand.
    This box is very difficult for me, to understand. I'm sorry about that. But I'm trying and learning.

Pls help me further !! STEP BY STEB !! or someone else at least please !! HELP me pls

oscam-emu11564r798-arm.zip (1.42 MB, 17 views)
    oscam-emu11564r798-armv8.zip (1.35 MB, 11 views)
    oscam-emu11564r798-aarch64.zip (1.59 MB, 3 views)
  • First, you should write down your level of knowledge of IT and satellite technology :) and whether you know at least the basics of Linux. Otherwise there is no point in sending you a complete tutorial with explanations (above in my post). You really need to know the basics (what is a flash drive, what is a shell, what is a binary file, and so on).

I wrote everything to you. The questions you ask are therefore incorrect. Most Enigma2 distributions require a binary in the "/usr/bin" folder. Then you have to set the execution rights. As I wrote before (there is a link to this forum, a short article for manual installation).

However, everything is explained in the post above - the link above! Write less! Read more and search more!

You can find out the chipset architecture, for example, by uname -m command, but I write it again for the second time.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!