OScam on PurE2

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,505 times. The last Post () by Antepenultim8.

• Hello, everyone, i am starting on this forum, and recently i was testing some fimware on my new Octagon SF8008 DVB-S2X Single.

Well, i read at all, that OSCam have a great support and continuous support than CCCam protocol.

So as well i would like to know from anyone here, if anyone could say me what is the most updated OSCam EMU for this decoder model, as far i search CPU is an ARM model...

But compatible and stable for PurE2 images.
    And a tutorial to install and configure the Emu.

:fingers crossed:

Thanks for community

• Official Post

Ok, thanks for that, but i just want to really know wich is the last release officialy realeased and for my CPU/STB Model.

Thanks.

Pure2 always has the latest files, whatever version number that may be

• Thanks for that information mate, as well could you please refer me to an oscam tutorial setup?

Files I need to configure and other stuff related to that please?

Thanks once more for support.

• Hello again, today i put some work on this... and today, i install oscam on my enigma 2 image Pure2.
    So i put some files at:

etc/tuxbox/config/
    -oscam.dvbapi
    -oscam.server

-oscam.services

-oscam.srvid

-oscam.srvid2

But i think some file/s are missing... and one of them i think it was oscam.config
    I would like to know if everything is fine and if anyone coukld help me providing the config file. and any other file i must have.

Thanks

• Yes, missing oscam.config, but aren't these files already in etc/tuxbox/config when you install oscam.

To be honest... no, that files wasn't created by Emu at moment of instalation, even when I restart the box or enigma2 system.

I download other files from this forum, of providers and another things...

But config file and user file missed at install.

I enter at oscam interface by ip address.

And when I go to oscam.server separator, I see message, file don't exist.

• Thanks for that information mate, as well could you please refer me to an oscam tutorial setup?

Files I need to configure and other stuff related to that please?

Thanks once more for support.

All you need is basically just a binary file, but compiled for your particular chipset (mipsel, arm, sh4). Softcam can be run on Linux, through the system, you don't need Enigma at all. Enigma or graphical interface is only necessary in some cases to monitor Softcam via this graphical interface (via Enigma) - for users, but this is not necessary as Softcams can also be monitored via the web-interface.

So ... simply put, the dependency on Enigma is not so important unless you need to monitor Softcam's functionality through the Enigma graphical interface (using the buttons on the RCU).

If you can install and run softcam in a Linux-only way, Enigma is not at all, and you only need to know the type of chipset architecture on your device. You then download the appropriate softcam for your chipset from the Internet and upload it to the appropriate folder (usually in the "/usr/bin" folder), and then configure a Softcam launcher (usually in the "/etc/init.d" folder). Manual procedure (beware - often without the possibility of watching Softcam also from the graphical interface via RCU on the TV screen):

Tutorial : How to install softcam (OSCam/CCCam) manually, if you hate ipk packages

As for the configuration, unfortunately you have to know it. At least basic knowledge of SoftCAM (such as Oscam) configuration is required! Configuration files that are shipped by default do not work in 90% of decoding cases. You usually have to set many things so that the decoder card works correctly.

If you are missing a configuration file, you can create it directly through the Softcam Webif interface (http://box_IP_address:8888 or port :83). Just change the random item in the Config->Global menu, i.e. for the "oscam.conf" file and have the changed configuration saved. The file "oscam.conf" contains only global settings. The most important files are "oscam.server" and "oscam.user".

Oscam configuration files are described here:

http://www.streamboard.tv/wiki/OSCam/en

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!