EPG Streaming Problem

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,928 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• Hello guys,

I make one IPTV in home by streaming, box zgemma star s , but i have a problem....i don't have epg.....

In the box it's work, but i use Kodi to see in my computer, and don't have the epg, i have the picons, but not EPG...

Does anyone know how to do?

my line is like that....

#EXTM3U

#EXTVLCOPT--http-reconnect=true

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="RTP 1" tvg-logo="http://epgs.mywire.org/unk/logos/PiconsPT/1.Generalistas%20Portugueses/RTP1.png" group-title="GENERALISTAS",RTP 1

#EXTVLCOPT:program=101

http://192.168.1.26:8001/1:0:1:65:65:53:CE40000:0:0:0:

thanks....

Marco

• You don't need Kodi, you can just use openwebif to view your channels on your computer (which will have EPG)

Just get your boxes IP address.

menu > info > network (or something like that depending what image you are using)

Then just type that IP address into a computer windows browser.

2cf6cb.png

press the tv or mobile icon to view the stream in VLC player.

If you only have 1 tuner you will have to click on the channel name first to zap to this channel.

EPG

f80c0c10.png

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Hello,

I know i can see with openwebif, but if want see in my android box, i need the file m3u, and nedd put it

in the file...

It's possible with the E Channelizer????

• quinquelhas :

If you only use Linux set-top boxes everywhere, you can do a primitive bash script to copy EPG data from the primary set-top box. Also install the EPG-Refresh plugin on the primary set-top box and set to automatically refresh EPG data every night when no one is watching TV.

This actually creates a new "epg.dat" file with fresh information. Depending on the type of Enigma, it is necessary to set automatic saving of "epg.dat" file from memory to disk. This means that not only during shutting down the Enigma, but also preventively saving "epg.dat" to disk. Unfortunately, each Enigma does this quite differently.

Finally, a script that uploads a full "epg.dat" to the server is sufficient. With the rest of the Enigma you download this file from the server and then restart the Enigma and switch it back to standby mode (most Enigma distributions always start in active mode after restart).

You can also find some EPG scripts on my github profile (even a simple plugin to download an EPG file), but you may need to customize them because Shell scripts are optimized for running in OpenATV: https://github.com/s3n0

In order to include EPG data in the stream, I don't know anymore. Obviously you have to enable this somewhere in the Enigma configuration. For example, under the OpenATV Enigma, it is possible to enable EIT and AIT to be included in HTTP streams in the EPG settings. But EPG data should already be included.

For IPTV streaming, however, it is ideal to use a Linux PC machine with Tvheadend installed as well as a PCIe card - as a satellite tuner. Set-top boxes are not good for streaming IPTV. Maximum if you have two tuners in a set-top box and one of them will be used by an external client. However, this is more about using a secondary tuner by the client rather than IPTV streaming.

• Hello S3n0,

Thank you so much for your aswer, and for your explanations....

I have enable EIT and AIT in my box, but i can't have anyway the epg....

But it's not a problema if i can't, i tought epg gave's..

The another way, it't put in the line m3u, but i don't have the url,....of the epg,...basically...the portuguese....

I will continue to research if I can do it, i tell.....

anyway the IPTV streaming work's well in my home, with one zgemma star s......out of my network I think it shouldn't work very well..

Thanks guys....

Marco

• Hello.

It depends mainly on which platform receives your stream. VLC or Enigma have no problem. In the case of KODI / XBMC or other decoders, there may be a problem with the correct configuration. However, Enigma always handles everything :). In Enigma, everything can be solved - it's just a matter of your free time, how much time you have left.

If you have Enigma set-top-boxes everywhere and if you have at least one box on the original DVB source, then you can share the entire file "epg.dat" in Enigma. It’s enough to update it every three days, for example. However, the use of "epg.dat" may differ on some Enigmas. Not every Enigma is set to automatically and periodically save the "epg.dat" file to internal disk (it is usually held only in RAM memory and is saved only when the Enigma is stopped). Also, not every Enigme file is stored in "/etc/enigma/epg.dat" as on OpenATV, but on OpenPLi, for example, the file is stored in "/media/hdd/epg.dat".

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!