Make full backup image on an octagon sf8008

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,712 times. The last Post () by anestis1956.

• Hello to the experts,

I have run on my 8008 openeight version 6.7. and I am very happy with it. Now I want to clone a 2nd Res.

My approach was: make image on USB full backup, stick USB stick in other 8008, hold power button and turn on,

recover from USB select and off you go.

Unfortunately, the 1.Rec. no "usb_update.bin" on the USB stick so that this flash method does not work.

I can then clone via the menu. But I would like to know that it works with the power button method.

How can I persuade the 1st Res. At fullbackup to create this "usb_update.bin" with me?

2 folders are created:

1. fullbackup_sf8008s / folder with date / octagon / sf8008 / imgversion, kernel.bin, noforce, rootfs.tar.bz2

2. octagon / sf8008 / the same 4 files as in folder 1 (imgversion, kernel.bin, noforce, rootfs. tar.bz2)

but no usb_update.bin (which is needed for the power button method.) :-(

Is that not possible

• master G

Added the Label Image Flashing & Backup Support
  • I guess after you install a new clean openeight version 6.7 on your 2nd receiver you just have to plug your usb stick (containing that 1st receiver's full backup) and go through menus or addons to restore a full backup and there you will have the option to flash your 2nd receiver with the first receiver's full backup.

octagon sf8008 4K combo

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!