Language lock on a thread

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 257 times. The last Post () by johndeere88.

• Just a suggestion here, if a thread is opened in a certain language is it possible for the forum software to detect it and allow the thread to continue only in the language it was opened with?

Or could there be a rule for this, maybe that rule would just cause too much policing from the mods i dunno.

The issue for me ofcourse is that my main language is English and sometimes i start reading a thread and then further down other comments are in certain languages that even google translate has difficulties with so i end up leaving the thread bemused.

I,m not moaning or complaining here, i,m just trying to see if its possible to make a plan of some sort, i understand a bit of spanish and can usually translate most other languages if i need to but as i say sometimes i get a bit lost on the forum, and i do walk away from most threads if i dont get it but to start reading something in English and then i get lost is a bit disjointed.

• Thanks MasterG and thanks for the reply.

Looks like you guys are on the ball with more than i thought:-)

I get the fact its not an overnight thing... i was probably leaning more towards.... hey you... i started this thread in german... and it has to continue in that language..

Probably a bit too ambitious and non pc on my part tho...my bad:-(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!