Prismcube Ruby HELP!

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,767 times. The last Post () by EByrd.

• I started up a Prismcube Ruby that had been stored for a while. It had a BH image. Worked fine until I loaded satellite settings files via FTP to ~/tmp/enigma2/ and used BH Tools to convert from E2. Parsed fine, instructed to reboot. Did that. Now the box has a spinning cog that won't go away and I cannot access the menu using the remote "menu" button. The box also crashes and reboots itself.

I've tried overwriting the BH image and going back to stock firmware. I've also tried telnet: rm -rf ~/.xbmc/addons/* .

I have some FTP and telnet access. Some channels clear, but the cog keeps spinning and eventually the box reboots.

I'm wondering if the settings files weren't properly formatted or had unreadable characters. BH image is supposed to check that, but maybe didn't work.

Does anyone know where the satellite data gets put after conversion from enigma2 ???

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks!

• Maybe this tool will help ~ Prismcube Manager V0.0.20

Thanks!

Didn't think that would work under wine, but it does seem to do. It won't retrieve the sat info from the receiver for me - maybe because the box reboots before it finishes, or touching the files causes the reboot...not sure.

At this point I was thinking I might try deleting everything and using a USB image update. I'm not sure how much I can delete and still have the USB update work, though.

Any ideas?

I don't have a nine-pin cable, so I need to avoid a serial flash if possible.

Thanks again!

...and I don't have the uboot images :-p

• I really hope that you'll have better luck than I had a year ago, when an unfortunate and unreasonable memory lane stroll made me do similar things :) Even had some success with adding some new kodi stuff, build latest oscams, but.... the overall experience was rather sad. Pretty angry afterwards with with 5-6 hours wasted...
    If you do make something out of it, please be so kind and report.

• Does anyone know where the satellite data gets put after conversion from enigma2 ???

This data is stored in the closed part of the flash. They are retrieved from there upon booting.

EByrd, try to reflash via USB. Unzip the image to a USB drive and boot with it, confirming the flashing.

If you need a boot image, I can send the link in a private message.

• If you do make something out of it, please be so kind and report.

Success!

To recap the problem: I loaded a channel settings to /tmp/enigma2/ for conversion by Blackhole Enigma 2 Import. The box started to reboot at random times, the small cogwheel in the upper right never stopped spinning, and I lost access to the GUI menu. The settings files did pass the Blackhole check, but were probably corrupt in some way. The XML did not display correctly in xed when I checked it later. I flashed 3 different images to the box using a USB thumbdrive, but this did not help at all.

Here's how the problem got sorted:

1.) Use Filezilla or another FTP client - I'm on Linux, but Filezilla works on Windows. PrismcubeManager seems to work under wine, too - to delete ALL files in these directories:

/usr/share/

/tmp/

/mtmp/

/config/

*** Some deletions were probably unnecessary, but the directories had files in them that looked related to bouquets and satellite data, so I deleted the entire contents of the folders. I had to do this a couple of times because the box rebooted and reconstructed the directories.

2.) After all the above directories were finally empty, telnet to the box and run "shutdown now".

3.) Put a thumbdrive with an update image (I used a Blackhole image that had not worked before) in the USB port.

4.) Power on the box and follow the instructions on the screen or LED display to flash from USB.

That's it. No need to use serial update if you have USB function, but it looks like USB flash update doesn't necessarily overwrite problem data. I still had channel data and network passwords, for example, stored after every USB flash. So i think it is necessary to make certain problem data is really gone.

Like I always say: "If you don't understand something, just delete it". :smirk:

Hope this helps someone!

• If you need a boot image, I can send the link in a private message.

Thanks for that, but I have the images. I'd like some addons, like, "Gigant Addons Pack for PrismCube Ruby", a decent EPG, and picons if you have any or know of working links. I also read that some people had had some luck running full Kodi rather than XBMC on Prismcubes and would like to try that...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!