Update borked my dish

• My Deambox HD updated itself about 2 months ago, and since then failed to move my motorised dish. I've just got around to investigating the issue. My GT Media V8 satellite finder meter

is able to move the dish when I disconnect the Dreambox and feed it from the same coax that was connected to the Dreambox, so the dish motor itself and coax run is fine and accepts Diseqc 1.2 commands. The Dreambox used to move the dish OK, so it is not an incorrect setup. I have checked the tuner setup again, and also changed the Diseqc output from tuner 1 to tuner 2 (changing the coax inputs as well of course), and still no joy. So it seems that the firmware update has borked the Diseqc output. I'll try changing to a different firmware, but it looks like developers don't bother to check the operation of a motorised dish. I have reported before that the USALS conversion has always been wrong on the Dreambox since day 1. Setting my real longitude (0.1011° E) drives the dish way off the satellites, while setting a longitude of 0° works fine. The difference is so small that it should make no practical difference to the position of the dish - certainly not enough to be visibly noticeable.

Please could I ask developers to check the Diseqs functionality before issuing an update?

Dreambox One 4K UHD 2160p H.265 Enigma2 Linux Android Dual Wifi DVB-S2X MIS Satellite Receiver.

Download DreamOne Dreambox One 4K UHD Android CoreELEC, DreamOS Firmware and Enigma2 Images. Team Support from DemoniSat - Dream-Elite - Gemini Project GP4 - Merlin Project - NewNigma2 - Peter Pan Neverland - OpenBh - OpenPLi Japhar - OpenATV - OpenVision - PurE2 - SatLodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!