updating NC+

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,797 times. The last Post () by hs5424.

• Hi ,

I run a conax 0b01 NC+ card in my Vu+ duo for quiet some time now without any problems using oscam. I recently added HBO to my pack but since the 1st of the month ( which is when new emms are sent) all programs update except HBO movies. Anyone have any ideas. I have asked my card provider and they say that another update would be sent 3 days ago on TVP1 HD. The box has been on this program for the past 3 days but still no HBO. Initially the HBO pack worked when I added them to my subscription as I added it to my pack midway through the month. My understanding is that TVP1 HD is the program that emm's are sent to for all the packs on my card ????.

Any help appreciated .

• Hi.

I don't know your provider, but I think it looks like there's trouble receiving EMMs. In my opinion, it is stupid for an provider to send entitlements in only one satellite stream. Only that it would be a set top box paired and closed (an internal closed algorithm in a set top box hardware that downloads EMM via only one satellite stream). Probably your Oscam can not receive and decode EMMs from all satellite streams.

However, even if you are not able to cope with this problem, it is possible to plan the shell-script via CRON in Linux (CRON is already included in most Enigmas and if not, you can install it through the package manager). For example, every 2 days, at night, as stealth, with the Standby set-top-box, switch for example - 1 minute this one satellite channel and then stop receiving the stream again (stop watching satellite channel). For this you can do a very simple shell-script (bash) and schedule it to run at night, every 2 days for example.

• Hi.

I don't know your provider, but I think it looks like there's trouble receiving EMMs. In my opinion, it is stupid for an provider to send entitlements in only one satellite stream. Only that it would be a set top box paired and closed (an internal closed algorithm in a set top box hardware that downloads EMM via only one satellite stream). Probably your Oscam can not receive and decode EMMs from all satellite streams.

However, even if you are not able to cope with this problem, it is possible to plan the shell-script via CRON in Linux (CRON is already included in most Enigmas and if not, you can install it through the package manager). For example, every 2 days, at night, as stealth, with the Standby set-top-box, switch for example - 1 minute this one satellite channel and then stop receiving the stream again (stop watching satellite channel). For this you can do a very simple shell-script (bash) and schedule it to run at night, every 2 days for example.

• Thanks for your reply.

I think my problem is that I am away a lot and leave the box powered off in my room so sometimes it misses the emm on the 1st of the month. One option I was thinking of was to run the card in my pc and have the other stb's around the house back feed emm's to the card. If anyone has achieved this I would like to see their configs.

• The softcam server is ideal to run on a set-top-box because it can refresh itself (entitlements / EMMs). If you have a softcam server on an external machine, then there are various problems with refreshing entitlements. It may happen that one set-top-box does not start watching the channel in every 3 days. In that case, the CRON scheduler would be able to help, to watch some channel, at night to refresh the entitlements, for one minute.

• Result.

Card provider did not send new activation to card so I ran cccam in the VU+ on TVP1 for about 10 minutes. The card updated the HBO pack . So to conclude, oscam updated all the packs except for the HBO movies. After card update I needed to restart oscam to clear the sports channels.

Hope this helps others.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!