installing ipk on new dvb 800

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,727 times. The last Post () by Lavatronics.

• i used the proggy on the link install ipk pakage and still nothing.

ive done it before but the chap i gave the box to did the epg thing on internal flash with errors

is there a way to set it factory as i dont think this is going to work

root@dm800:~#
    Install IPKG Package:
    Copy source file...
    Transfer finished.
    Install...
    done.
    ###################################################################
    Install IPKG Package:
    Copy source file...
    Transfer finished.
    Install...
    done.
    ###################################################################root@dm800:~#

• Not a clue about your image but on my receivers I have to put the ipk in /var/volatile/tmp - straight to /tmp isnt working (not sure if this is just a quirk of winSCP mind you as there is a symlink present!) - then somewhere in the setup menus there should be a settings panel so you can install a local extention. So long as you make sure it has copied in the right folder then you can do an install from telnet command as mentioned before - although I usually use the GUI out of laziness!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• If it's the TSimage you are using then there is no need to install TSpanel as it's already on there for you! - at least on the version I have tried dated 28/02/12 - doubt it will have changed much.

TSimage is an E2 image they've created specific to SIM2 800HD receivers (in this case), it's from the same guys that produce the TSpanel, just press menu and TSpanel is there as an option direct in the main menu, you can also connect direct to the addons server by pressing blue (when on a TV channel) and then choosing addons.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!