Thor 5,6 - Tenerife, Canary Islands

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 434 times. The last Post () by kasylmasi.

• Hello,

I cannot tune up freeSAT provider on Thor 5 and 6 satellites. My location is Canary Island, Tenerife. I have 1m dish and Homecast S3000 CR receiver. When I try to tune in autmonatic or manual regime I can see channel name, EPG but most of the channels are scrambled or no signal. My receiver only shows in its menu a Thor 2 and 3, but I can tune manually frequencies of Thor 5 and 6. Could you please advice me: 1) can I tune Thor 5 and 6 on Canary Islands?, 2) what size of a dish I need? 3) Is my receiver up-to-date or I need to change it?

Thank you for your help. I am not an expert, so please excuse me if I did not give you all necessary information.

Jan

• A 1 m dish is far too small. I don't know how large it should be, but not this small. On the other hand the footprints tend to look like a swiss cheese once you get in th eouter parts of the coverage area. If I understand it correctly you could receive signals, but not lock onto them? That would mean that you're in the same situation as I am with 28E. I get quite good signal while my neighbour 200 m away doesn't get any using the same type of dish. That means that you could be lucky enough to be in a spot where you actually could receive Thor. The solution is a bigger dish. Check if there's a satellite shop and buy a bigger dish, preferably as large as you can.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!