Sky tv UK

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,459 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• Hello, at the moment I use my parents Sky Go and sometimes Kodi for paid sky channels. I’d like to try get these channels through my Satellite receiver for a more reliable service.

Looking online it all seems very unclear, will CCCam allow to run them through an Linux box? How does it work? Will I need to pay anything? I was thinking about buying the Zgemma H9S box, would this be okay?

• through your satellite and a Sat box you can receive all the freesat channels.

Cccam allows certain scrambled channels to be watched. But most of the main sky channels are no longer available such as sports and movies. Cccam lines cost money from a payserver. Not a lot, probably a few quid a month nowadays, but payservers are not openly discussed on this forum. There are plugins available that do provide free Cccams daily.

The other option is to use iptv to view all channels. Prices massively vary as does the quality. These are hit and miss depending on your sourced provider. But you are looking at around £25-£30 for 6 months.

Again we dont openly discuss iptv providers on this forum. But plenty of plugins and options available for these boxes.

There are 2 main options people choose to cut the cord. Android boxes/firesticks or enigma2 sat boxes like the zgemmas. If you just want to watch sky, iptv and android is the easier option. If you want the best of both worlds of freesat, some scrambled channels via cccam and all the rest via iptv, then go for a sat box.

The h9s is a good little box and well priced to get you started.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!