Which Linux based box is the best between vu+ zero 4k and dreambox one ultra hd

There are 61 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 13,934 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Yes, we're on steroids, the lot of us!!!! :laugh1::rasta2bigsmoke0gf1::thank_you2:

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• It's all very well going for strong HW - but going to a very different processor and NOT being open to the community can bite you in the arse...

Amlogic S922X is quad core + 2 core for RAM etc. Other strong new boxes don't really lag behind in anything seriously important, they are all more than powerful and they can all do the job - but the combination of proper support from the manufacturers (with kernel, drivers, codec, low level stuff etc.) + support from various other corners of this industry/hobby is THE point missed here by some...

And in some respects - even HW-wise - this DMM DB One box is lagging behind: no DVB-C/T2 tuner, for instance, no space for built-in HDD/SSD and a number of other features sported by Zgemma H7x/Mutant 51 OEM boxes and Edision OS mio 4K (64b), both with Broadcom processors, which lead the way at the moment, plus fast learning HiSilicon guys with their powerful quad core processors but cheap as chips (see Zgemma H9 TWIN and COMBO STBs and soon to be produced dual OS Zgemma H10, plus other manufacturers) etc. etc.

Oh, well... DMM have lost it a while ago, being at odds with the community, arrogant as they always were, hence no thanx! No fun! I see Zgemma and others being way more fun than DMM and Vu, that's for sure!!! Open to the community and co-operating with us properly, something DMM have lost long ago, if they ever had it...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Hi Guys,

I like gorski's post so added what i have in my home as purchased receivers.

I have been using the Zgemma H7c & H7s both 4k & both with triple tuners the latest type on the market. These two boxs can have the hdd installed inside the boxs with a 2.5 hdd, I am very impressed with these boxs and decided to get the Zgemma H9.2H this one is also 4K & has two tuners Dvbs2x & the Dvb cable tuner, what caught my eye with the H9.2H it has wifi, it has a microslot for the micro ssd type card and seen it can go to 128gb. or you can use a usb type external hdd if you wish to.

I have seen that the said above are great prices & value for money.

regards Talks.

• Zgemma H9 Combo & Twin are also very strong and capable, if... ;) Including the CI+ CAMs for smartcards...

• All of you are wrong!

EDISION OS mio 4K beat all of the boxes rekommeded here .

DVB-S2X and DVB-T2/C Τuners, 4K UHD resolution, Multi Stream T2MI Tuner, Blindscan, Web browser and HbbTV support, Dual Core ARM at 1.5 GHz processor, 8GB eMMC/RAM 2GB DDR4

And 4 separate partitions for multi booting

As i hawe

1.Opnvix

2. Pure2

3 Openatv

4.Open HDF

And the blind scan is incredibly fast.

https://www.edision.gr/en/detail/os-mio-4k-s2x-t2-c-grey

VU+ Solo2, VU+ Solo 4 k, Edision OS MIO 4K S2X

120cm motorised dish range 75E-37,5W

South Sweden.

• Mmm, yes, it's a really great receiver in many respects and I have some respect for it!

However, this must be said:

- the SoC is not as good as Zgemma H7, for instance

- to this date they have not improved their drivers (not able to play .avi files, trouble with DVD files of various formats etc.)

- Kodi is not even starting in the older images, still as 64b

- they are now going back to 32b (new kernel and everything else with it and things aren't working, at least in the first image I tested, from the wizard onwards, like network, Device Manager can't scan and see devices etc.)

So, sorry but right now you are wrong! At the moment we can not say anything about it with any certainty... Sadly! But I am still hopeful and I think it is a contender, for sure! When and if they sort it out...

• I trust you a lot so i want u to recommend me best 3 receivers

to buy i already have all the best ones we know

(1) VU +SOLO4K

(2)VU +DUO4K

(3)DREAMBOX 9004k

(4)DREAMBOX ONE 4K

(5)EDISION MIO-4K

(6)EDISION MIO-4K plus

(7)DINOBOOT U5MINI 4k

Now i have seen many people are using Zgemma so my next boxes to buy is Zgemma but i want to wait for Zgemma H10 to buy or if you can recommend me different one or which of the all Zgemma boxes

Best?

Thanks

• The best, meaning HW, kernel, drivers, support all-in-one?

1) Real box, tried and tested? I said it clearly above: Zgemma H7. Period!

So, not "as of now not yet tested" (H10, which no one has actually seen performing) or in a bit of a "great change" (OSmio4K+) or...

2) Of the ones I know/have/test: H9 Combo and Twin - depending on your needs.

3) Some say Octagon SF 8000 or 8008 Dino based stuff but I do not have those, so can't comment...

• No.

HW is not everything, as I have stated above.

The combination of various elements is the winning formula... ;)

• Since a few weeks i have a AX HD61 and this Box is a good Update of the HD51 ( same stuff like H7 Zgemma )

The question is always what want you do with this Box and what is your prize limit . I will no pay a lot of money for VU for a case optic and a display

The Hardware and speed is not better to a box what coast half prize . And support for VU you only can get at VTI Forum so you always need this friendliy support of them Have fun with it

Pur-E2 -Team

Admin of HDSC

• Hello Gorski

Do you have any experience with VU+ Duo 4K. I bought in Dec 2018 and always thought I have strongest HW box so far :)

thanks,

Abi

Duo4k is discontinued btw, Ultimo4k is now Vu+ top receiver. I dont know why, probably there were not enough differences between Ultimo4k and Duo4k. I have Duo4k but to be honest, it could be better. Potential is good, but Vu+ doesnt offer any real developement of E2 or drivers to the table. They are also still putting ancient DMM E2 fork on their receivers LOL. For the money they are asking, this is not the way to operate on todays competitive market. Zgemma is crushing it right now, also new Mutant AX HD61 looks very good and for "normal" price. Todays solution to differentiate is to do something on multimedia side, you cannot compete with number of tuners etc. Everyone can do this. I have to admit, Vu+ is still the best solution if you want FBC tuners, especially DVB-C FBC tuners.

• hello

pls can you send me link to buy Zgemma H7 i want to buy from the same webseit you bouthg your own

Thanks

• You have PM...

• H7 is best, for me, from whatever I tested.

EPG is down to the IPTV provider, I think...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!