Which Linux based box is the best between vu+ zero 4k and dreambox one ultra hd

There are 61 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 14,004 times. The last Post () by master G.

• The cheapest I found: £109.99 GBP

DuckDuckGo

https://www.world-of-satellite…digital-zgemma/zgemma-h7s

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Yes, it's fine.

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• JO i agree with you about dreambox one.

I really dont understand some people here and these "hate" to DMM

i have two boxes dm500hdv2 and dreambox one,and both of them are perfect.Of course DM one is new and excelent box,fast and furious,if i can say so.

And most important things i put in these boxes everything,wrong images and etc,but all you need to recover them is put the right one after that.

Dreambox are receivers for people who want explore possibilities,and of course VU also,and like to try everything without fear that box will be "dead" or similar things.

Price?Its always so!If you want something special you must pay for that!

• What possibilities? It's a f*&%ing closed project....

It's ridiculously expensive, as always....

Oych, some people....

• I dont understand you?

Maybe Zgemma pay you for your strong support for recever which is far far away from DMM and VU

Here i stop with these conversation because you dont understand that some people have different opinion than yours!

I wish you all good!

• Official Post

I dont think you can compare Vu+ Zero 4K with the Dreambox One UHD. Even if they both are UHD Zappers made for streaming

there is some years between them.

The Zero 4K was the first UHD stb with full support for MultiStream Tuners know as "mis" and HDR color

Its main use was for Satellite TV so therefore it lacks some functions for playback.
    The Dreambox One UHD is also a Zapper and have its limits even if they are not as big as the Zero 4K

In my opinion if you are going to use your STB as a satellite reciver and watch IPTV you should go for the Zero 4K

If you need a powerfull diverse stb then of cause Dreambox One UHD is the choice.

Now when all this i said the Zgemma is an amazing good stb and the price is also very good.

Limitation is the choice of images avalible for Zgemma. For the Vu+ there is plenty of images to choose from.

Dreambox and Zgemma the images are less and for Dreambox One UHD there is no Open Alliance images.

• In that case anyone can reasonably conclude you are paid by DMM/Vu, boris...

What kind of "debate" is this, when you are not interested in rational arguments, you do not address anybody's arguments, you do not have any rational arguments of your own, you just come to accuse people who disagree with you?!?

I agree with you on this point: people like you should not post at all....

• Hearing Gorski, that Zgemma is a good brand I have decided to buy two Zgemma boxes H9S and H7S and to tell you the truth, I am very dissapointed! Why:

- design of box is catastrophic comparing to VU+ and Dreambox

- quality of housing is cheap - like chinese boxes, comparing to VU+ and Dreambox

- on/off button behind the boxes is not puted in the write place!, ie in H9S is catastrophic, you should remove wifi antenas if you want to shut down box manually!

- color buttons in remote control are not placed near the main buttons where arrows are, so alwayd you have to press color buttons you need to go 3 rows down in order to press color buttons and this does not make any sense!!!

- Blackhole image does not support Zgemma boxes!!!

So, all in all, my opinion is that Gorski either works for Zgemma or is paid by them to provide good matketing!!!

• Or you are quite a "character"... Yeah, right, that's how you assess the quality of a box - where a coloured button is...

FCOL!!!

What kind of fingers have you got you can't get to the white button? Or you are having problems remembering where it is? I bet it's the latter....

Well, by your "logic" I should now say: which company are you working for, spreading BS about...?!?

These boxes are designed to be cheap as chips BUT RATHER CAPABLE!!!! One GB or RAM, Quad core processor and a lot more - these boxes can do many things at the same time and you got it for next to nothing!

As for H7S: it is working better than DMMs or Vus which cost a lot more. Now, if you are as "clever" as you seem to be, then you will be judging it by a LED at the front of the box. In which case I cringe.... "Good night America, wherever you are...."

But don't let that stop you, you're on a roll, so keep entertaining us....

• If I would work for somebody I would not listen to you and buy 2 Zgemma boxes!

Zgemma boxes are ugly if you compare to Vu+ and Dreqmbox design and you never should compare these brands because its like comparing Mercedes with Renault.

As for the Led in fron of the H7S, in my opinion it is ugly light because I cant sleep at night with that Led light ON. What I did is I stick a black tape on the Led light so that I dont get nervous seeing that ugly unprofessional Led light!!!

Why you can not install Blackhole image in Zgemma boxes????

So, Better tell people that you are sponsored from Zgemma and dont tell us here lies, because you are not comparing Apple to Apples...

• "Style over substance" indeed!:scratch_one-s_head:

Lies?:spit: What lies? Was Zgemma H7 obscured and you did not see it before you bought it? WTF?!? Who praised it for its plastic cover?!? I certainly did not, so you lost me completely.... Quote me just one sentence where I praised its "beauty", I challenge you!!!!:head banger:

So, tell you what: if one chooses one's wife for her beauty and her beauty alone - he is a rather poor, immature sod and deserves whatever comes to him later on when she "changes"...

Zgemma boxes were never sold on the basis of eye-candy but their capabilities as STBs. Unlike you, it would seem, I certainly do not buy 2,5 meters of books in a specific colour to suit the colour of my bookshelf, FFS!!!

So, you knew what you were buying when you were buying it. Both its capabilities and it appearance! That to me suggests quite clearly you are either working for Zgemma's rivals or you have no brains whatsoever... Either way, you are no one to be taken seriously!

But more to the point: we haven't heard one word of substance from you... So....:cool1:

P.S. Genius, complaining to me why somebody else's image is not working on Zgemma...:mosking::rasta2bigsmoke0gf1::laugh1::hello

• Official Post

Okey looks like you guys have a hefty discussion ;)

But i can kill the Blackhole image discussion and informe that Blackhole image is built for Vu+ only

Not like the Open Alliance based images they are divers and can be compiled for many brands.

Blackhole is built on the Vu+ core and will never work on any other brand :)

• Kid...

From 2010!to 2018 I had Dreambox DM8000

From 2018 I have Vu+ Zero 4K and Vu+ Duo 4K

and now for 2 months I have tested also Zgemma H9S and H7S.

Zgemma is not, never was, and never it will be VU+ nor Dreambox rival - end of story!

P.S I will not reply anything else to you regarding this topic - but you should remember that when you give your opinion for topic "Which Linux based box is the best between vu+ zero 4k and dreambox one ultra hd" you should not include Zgemma in this kind of discussion, because Zgemma is way behind Vu+ and Dreambox brand!

• Hmmm, not from where I sit... I see plenty of problems with your little "thesis", you know...

Here is one example: Zgemma had PowerVu working before and better than DMM...

And you know what - can you check for us if your new baby works now with PV on 4.8E, 0.8W and so on... (not 9E)?

Also, did they finally manage to fix Eurosport transponders?

Have you checked the lists of "fixes" with every new release?

I mean, you have your cake and eat it....

I am happy with mine...

If you wanna compare Vu and Zgemma H7 - please, be my guest. Start with Multi Streaming issues and onwards.... There's plenty of evidence on offer... Knock yourself out, pretty please.... You know, the same tuner but very different results...

• Gorski i respect your work with pur e2 but you really must stop with comparing something which cannot be compare in any way!

Please read again what our friend AB weote to you!

• Kid...

From 2010!to 2018 I had Dreambox DM8000

From 2018 I have Vu+ Zero 4K and Vu+ Duo 4K

and now for 2 months I have tested also Zgemma H9S and H7S.

Zgemma is not, never was, and never it will be VU+ nor Dreambox rival - end of story!

P.S I will not reply anything else to you regarding this topic - but you should remember that when you give your opinion for topic "Which Linux based box is the best between vu+ zero 4k and dreambox one ultra hd" you should not include Zgemma in this kind of discussion, because Zgemma is way behind Vu+ and Dreambox brand!

• Please, do not patronise me, thanx a bunch! I know these products can be compared, since they do the same job... Oh, just remembered: I did compare them, so it is possible... No, really, it is!:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

On second though, I'll advise you to take your own advice and READ WHAT I WROTE!!!

You will see actual arguments, somebody comparing things properly, putting time and some careful thought into it and so on. Nothing of the kind can be said for the other side.

Over and out!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!