Backup Suite wil not propelly install on a DM520HD original box.

There are 32 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,349 times. The last Post () by master64nl.

• You have to write more info - what version of plugin you use and where you got this version.

The above error in the screenshot probably refers to the grep tool - incompatibility of parameters, probably because of a different version of the grep tool or incorrect use of grep in the BackupSuite plugin.

BTW, the patch on the getBoxType problem I mentioned above has already been modified in the BackupSuite plug-in, which comes from the OpenVision Enigma2 image (also found on github).

• BackupSuite git 497 is already installed and also to get in the feed but both gives the same problem. Someone said it had to do with the xz compression tool???

First fault what I see is:

root.ubifsError: incorrect amount off bites: "f" Error; bad maximum LEB count

• You should always use backup tools designed for a particular Enigma. For example, if the BackupSuite plugin is on a particular Enigma feed, use that BackupSuite plugin and no other. Unfortunately, not every Enigma supports this universal BackupSuite plugin. BackupSuite may not work everywhere. It works for a while and it does not work for a while. Unfortunately, the functionality status varies depending on the version of Enigma, as well as the updates in Enigma. Unfortunately, many Enigma development teams turn away from the Enigma2 standard. Then these problems arise. However, each Enigma should have its own backup tool.

• Ufff will not help with this. This "ubifs" is a matter of filesystem.

However, a bug in your screen-shot indicates a problem with using the "grep" tool. If not all the previous commands have been executed correctly, then any subsequent commands in the order will not be executed correctly.

Okay s3n0, what is the next move to do?

• I won't help you. I don't use this plugin. I'm not even the developer of this plugin (these shell scripts - to put it better).

Developers from the OpenVisionE2 team could help you, because this plugin is already included in their Enigma2. For example, the Github bake recipe also takes OpenPLi directly from them.

https://github.com/OpenVisionE2/BackupSuite

License: GNU GPL 3.0 (free distribution)

I currently consider OpenVisionE2 the only trusted source code for the BackupSuite plugin. So try to contact them.

You won't even find the official source for this "plugin", because everyone customizes it for themselves ... for years ... for each device differently and for each Enigma differently.

It would certainly help debug-log (if you allow it in your Enigma to generate it) or crash-log (if it was caused by a plugin crash). Unfortunately, there is very little information in your screen closer. I don't know exactly which Enigma you use and which set top box.

• Yeah, too complicated for me. I have to live that only PLi 6.2 is the only one that works as it should with BackupSuite. For other images it is a problem. OpenVisionE2 has the same problem as PLi 7.1. BackupSuite not working.

Thanks for your help s3n0 :)

• No, you misunderstand it.

This plugin is device-specific and firmware-specific. Unfortunately, devices differ in the way they use memory. Even memory capacity can affect the proper functioning of BackupSuite (you need a USB stick if you have little space in Internet flash memory or RAM and you may need EXT filesystem instead of FAT). They are also different in CFE-bootloaders, so loading the image into memory is different. Therefore, BackSuite on some devices must assume a different type of CFE-bootloader.

Unfortunately, BackupSuite is not universal, although many developers have customized this plugin to work with each one firmware. Then, for example, a different type of the Shell or a different version of the BusyBox in Linux is enough to make a problem.

I think it's stupid to make a full backup image. In my opinion, it is better to download the firmware from the internet, flash it, then add the necessary plugins and files, and finally replace the backed up file "/etc/enigma2/settings" or rather the entire contents of the "/etc/enigma2" folder. With Enigma2 stopped with "init 4" command in the Shell, of course.

If you want to solve functionality, you have to put the exact details of the problem and best on github (if you use OpenVisionE2 or OpenPLi, write about the problem on their Github server to Issues).

• It's not that simple.

You must also take into account your manually installed plugins (if you have uploaded and installed one yourself). For example, if you installed Oscam manually as a trigger in the "/etc/init.d" folder. You also need to take into account the Oscam configuration directory and back it up.

The only problem with the "settings" file, in which the plugin and Enigma settings are, can only arise on a different or new version of Enigma - with different settings (such as OpenPLi 7.1 vs 7.2), but it should also work. Of course, you first need to install all plugins before uploading their configuration (some Enigmas or plugins can clear the state of the current plugin configuration after you install it). So first install the plugins into Enigma after flashing and then restore the "settings" file or the entire "/etc/enigma2" folder.

For this purpose I use my own script (you need to edit its defined files and folders - what you need to back up):

https://github.com/s3n0/e2scripts/blob/master/backrest

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!