How to manually extract/upload an IPK file to a Dreambox.

There are 29 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,410 times. The last Post () by Gurman2000.

• As I have no one to create my .deb files at the moment and relying on the kindness of others when they have time.

Here are instructions on how to use the IPK files to upload to your Dreambox device.

It isn't difficult please just have a go without constantly asking for the .deb file.

Download 7zip.

https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Download the IPK

Locate your downloaded IPK and right click... open with

Check "Always use this app to open .ipk"

If 7zip file manager is not an option.

Click "look for another app on this PC."

C:\Program Files\7-Zip

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\7-Zip

select

7zFM.exe

First open you will get this screen

ac16ec62e84f47.png

Double click the data.tar.gz (the largest folder)

a55cc85dcbf7369b194373.png

Double click data.tar

aef46d0e7923e5dea0dcca31.png

Double click the . folder

3e915f.png

These folders now need copying over to your box.

If using Samba open your network drive in Windows File Explorer

ab1a4f08c9ae09.png

d696481e9f403.png

Select Root Folder

5ca26f77ee20fbbf6000ed568.png

Drag your 7zip folders into this root folder.
    Reboot your GUI.

If using FTP software. Log into your box.
    Copy the 7Zip folders to a temporary location on your computer.
    Upload these folders to root /

Reboot your GUI.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• if you follow the instructions and keep extracting the .tar folder upto the . folder

then you just copy whatever is in . folder to root

716f88a26e66c.png

for example most ipks will just have usr folder

copy that over to your device root "/" (top level folder)

if you look in root folder. You will see there is already a usr folder

so copying a usr folder over to root, will just add to that existing usr folder

• either copy usr folder to root "\"

or copy the content of usr folder into your boxes usr folder.

Then reboot gui.

This plugin runs in the background, so no interface if I remember correctly.

It just tries to restart a stream if its stopped.

So the only way to test it, is to see if your streams don't stop.

Tell a lie, looking at the code, it does seem to have an interface where you turn it on.

• KiddaC, I hope this is the last question regarding this. Obviously, in this case (quarterpounder) folder attribute must be 755, but what about files? And what about /etc... folder and files attributes?

DM900 Combo, Experimental 29-10-2021+GP4.2

• There is only a handful of files, no harm in changing them to 755

It's not my plugin so dont know what needs execution/read writes

There is no etc files in that plugin is there. Doesn't it all live in usr folder.

• Unfortunately, it was not the last question... It is the thread not about THIS or other plugin but "How to manually extract/upload an IPK file to a Dreambox". Does exist some general rules regarding files and folders attributes for this action?

DM900 Combo, Experimental 29-10-2021+GP4.2

• I think you will be fine. Only ever going to be an issue if the plugin doesn't run . Then you go investigating why. Permissions of a file is always a good place to start.

No point making work for yourself.

But if you manually extract an ipk you know where to look anyway, because you can see where it is uploading files to.

• Control files are used when installing an IPK. Not directly need if manuallly copying over.

Make sure you are copying files over to the correct location. From what you are writing it sounds like you are doing this incorrectly.

The folder structure in an ipk file goes into the root. Not in specific folder.

Unless you are copying folder to folder.

• \data\usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\Extensions (as appears on Windows10)

That's the folder structure of an .ipk file after unpacking it. So the plugin folder should go to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions, right?

• Gurman2000

I have ran into this problem before and it might have actually been with this plugin.

Firstly make sure you are using the latest 7zip

Try changing the extension to .zip

if that fails try changing the extension to .rar

if that fails try universal extractor

https://www.legroom.net/software/uniextract#download

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!