symlink: no such file or directory on ubuntu

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,192 times. The last Post () by cirtaP.

• hi,
    i followed the steps of the oscam hardening. but at the point of creating the symlinks for the hotbabe* i have a problem. the symlink is created successfully and i can edit the file with vi. but when i try service * i get the error no such file or directory. the file exists and i can edit it with vi so i got no idea why it isnt working. sorry for my bad english but i hope u understand what i mean.

• if i run
    "vi /etc/init.d/oscam.hotbabe1"
    it works but if i do
    "service oscam.hotbabe1 status"
    it fails and shows me the error "/etc/init.d/oscam.hotbabe1 -> "no such file or directory""
    i dont get it working

• it havent got to do with the symlink i think. if i copy the script into /etc/init.d/ and type "service oscam.hotbabe1 status" i get the same error but editing with vi works. now im trying to reinstall ubuntu -.- i dont know what i did wrong

when i delete the lines with # in the script i get the following error message:
    syntax error word unexpected (expecting do )

i just c&p the code into the file :( any suggestions?

• ok now i reinstalled the system serveral times and followed the tutorial but i always get the error
    "/etc/init.d/oscam.hotbabe1 -> "no such file or directory""
    i dont understand why...
    im still using ubuntu server 11.10 and the latest oscam. i installed the packages needed to compile and NOTHING else. i also tried to use another pc but still the same.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!