OSCAM failing to connect to servers

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,390 times. The last Post () by peterthepainter.

• I had problems connecting with ccCam after updating my Enigma2 Vix IMAGE on my VU+ solo2, so I have changed to OSCam.

But I still cannot connect, and I need help to diagnose my problem. It's probably something simple, but I've spent a long time!

I am operating as client only on a single receiver, so nothing complex

The OScam WebInf STATUS shows: Proxies 3/3 (0 of 3 online) and each line ends in ERROR

This is the oscam.log

I've checked and reproduced several times my oscam.conf and oscam.server files but still no luck.

Any advice very much appreciated.

• You should deal with this with your shared card provider. He will tell you how to set up the Oscam configuration correctly and how to solve the problem when connecting to his server. You will not solve this in a public discussion forum. The problem will probably be in connectivity. If you were using the wrong username and password, the response from the server would be clear. But you have a timeout there. That means your client can't connect for some reason. You may have set the protocol version of cccam incorrectly. Maybe there is no cccam protocol at all but newcamd. Maybe the server refused you for the reason you didn't turn off audisabled - the server detects it and doesn't connect you. There may be similar problems ... but only the Oscam server admin will find out.

Why didn't you back up your settings before flashing the new firmware? Don't have the original Oscam configuration backed up? Did you install the right - latest Oscam? The current version is currently 11572.

• these are free servers or are you paying for them

look at the user and password

and if the are FREESERVERS they change all the time

so whatever password was yesterday it's NOT TODAY

parabéns cr7 & moliveira88

Μπρέντφορντ Φ.Σ

RIP Vangelis Papathanassiou

• Hi. Yes I was beginning to think I need to ask the card provider, however I've been on this share for 5 years and never had a problem, so assumed it was my setup.

I was running OpenVix 3.## from 2014 and upgraded to 5.##, to be told my backup was not compatible! I couldn't even reinstate the old image as it was too old and I couldn't find a download.

I was running CCcam and when that didn't work I decided to try OScam for the first time. I downloaded OScam latest via the Image Plugins. Since then I've been learning.

The OScam WebInf is great to see what's happening, but I didn't understand the detail, so was hoping some expert would put me right. However, especially as CCcam didn't work either, it's as you said.

One more point. Worryingly I have a new internet connection using a Movistar 4G Router (I am in Spain). Could that conceivably be blocking C.S.?

• peterthepainter :

Yes, as mentioned by Antepenultim8 - one of the reasons may be a connectivity problem (firewall, AV system, internet provider, blocked network ports, etc.). Since your Oscam has recognized the IP address, DNS works. The problem is only with connectivity.

Are you writing that your Softcam worked so far? Oscam or Cccam worked so far? Because these are two different Softcams.

Oscam has different configuration settings than Cccam. If you have used Cccam so far, then you need a different configuration for Oscam because there are other configuration items in Oscam that will need to be set up additionally. Therefore, you should contact the Softcam server administrator (for Oscam config files).

Furthermore, it may have happened that the Softcam server has changed some settings or rules of card sharing and therefore it does not work anymore. Even in this case, you would have to contact the Softcam server administrator.

One more thing occurred to me. I see that Softcam server names are always translated to the same IP address, but with a different ports. This means that it is unnecessary to connect to the same server multiple times. Typically, Softcam servers are set up to prevent this from happening to the user - connecting multiple times from the same IP address and from the same account to prevent re-share cards.

• Got it sorted, all up and running.

I have been a complete knob! Although I have had the same service for 5 years, the domain name servers were changed 2 years ago. I must have updated my CCcam.cfg on the stb but the backed up c-lines I had kept were the old ones! I was trying to connect with those.

However, not a complete waste of time, since I am now a convert to OScam (love it) and have now learned quite a bit about it.

But for my error I would still be running blind with CCcam and none the wiser.

Thanks to all you guys for the advice.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!